It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people schedule meetings, then not show for them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm sitting here, in a scheduled GoToMeeting, that the client requested...and waiting, and waiting.

Why ask for a meeting, then not show? A simple e-mail would suffice, just to ask for a later time, or reschedule, etc. Or a phone call.

Why do people in the digital age seem to totally ignore rules of etiquette?

Bah, I should have known better than to give in on a Friday meeting.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I feel your pain!

We do photography and sometimes have to drive to meet people. I hate driving 30-40 min to a no-show.
I don't know what is wrong with people?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What is your job ? What is client job ? Sorry but you present little info

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Anything shy of an unexpected emergency is a poor excuse to not show for a scheduled meeting, business or personal. With communications as excellent as they are these days its too easy not to pick up a cell and let the other party know if something unexpected has come up.

Sometimes life has unexpected blessings. Better to have walked away from a potential client that lacks manners than to be facing a stack of unpaid invoices a year down the road.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
your life must be pretty good if this is something you feel the need to have rant over.

if you practiced meditation that would have been a perfect moment for you.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Maybe they had an emergency?
But some people are like that.
The same way some people leave things to the last minute, or are overly disorganized, or people like me who would start strong in school, goof off, get a second chance from the teacher only to goof off again

they just can't help it!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Maybe the client forgot to cancel and figured you'd guess it

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm sitting here, in a scheduled GoToMeeting, that the client requested...and waiting, and waiting.

Why ask for a meeting, then not show? A simple e-mail would suffice, just to ask for a later time, or reschedule, etc. Or a phone call.

Why do people in the digital age seem to totally ignore rules of etiquette?

Bah, I should have known better than to give in on a Friday meeting.

Being former Military, this is a fact of life. One of the minor reasons I got out. I don't know how many wasted hours I have spent, preparing a brief and then the Primary recipient doesn't show, not even the XO or Deputy Commander. And this is usually the guys primary staff!

We sit around for an hour or two telling jokes and BS'ing. When in will walk someone telling us that the meeting has been rescheduled. No reason given. Hours of my life I'll never get back.

On the plus side, at least I was still getting paid.

edit on 24-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't know why people no-show for appointments, but a good rule of thumb is to give them a courtesy call a couple of hours before the scheduled meeting to confirm/remind them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

THEY were the ones who asked for it, just yesterday afternoon, hehe...

No, not that my life is so good it's all I can rant about...just that I was ranting WHILE waiting for them...I'm over it, but I was bored.

top topics

join