It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Tsunami Warning for Alaska Coast After 7.4-Magnitude Quake Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/u

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

U.S. Tsunami Warning for Alaska Coast After 7.4-Magnitude Quake Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude 7.4 earthquake has been recorded in the Pacific Ocean off Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands.

The Alaska Tsunami Warning Center says a tsunami warning has been posted for certain coastal areas of Alaska. That warning covers an area from 80 miles (128 kilometers) northeast of Dutch Harbor to about 125 miles (200 kilometers) west of Adak.

The quake struck Thursday evening.

There are no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
An earthquake rated at 7.4 hit the Pacific Ocean very recently. The quake is supposed to cause a tsunami capable of reaching over an estimated 80 miles of Alaskan coast. No injuries reported so far. The tsunami warning covers Dutch Harbor to Adak. Hope everyone ends up ok, its looking like a pretty big tsunami but I don't know how populated these areas are.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

already being discussed here mate

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

ahhhh I was way late on that one, if Mods could please remove my thread that would be great, sorry about that!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Major earthquake activity is travelling around the ring of fire it would appear. There's been major quakes again recently in New Zealand and Japan. Regardless of what dmanage this one causes, it may be indicative of something bigger up that way forthcoming.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Quake isnt big enough for a destructive Tsunami ...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I hate when things like this, are not on news channels this late at night. CNN and all others has repeats from earlier. Thank God for this site to get fast info and updates!!! I hope all will be okay! My prayers are with everyone in Alaska.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hey all, here si another newlink. Maybe interesting as well .

Euronews

top topics

join