It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Congress always unpopular?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, buty Congress is pretty much always hated regardless of who controls it. Why? I know it's a broad question but whatever pearls of wisdom you guys care to cast in this direction will be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
Correct me if I'm wrong, buty Congress is pretty much always hated regardless of who controls it. Why? I know it's a broad question but whatever pearls of wisdom you guys care to cast in this direction will be appreciated.

Because it's one big mickey mouse game, plain and simple. Never-ending ponyback rides, one after another, back and forth. Sure, there are good people in place, but the game is rigged and everybody knows it..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Because they are in the band, they have braces, they dance funny and they take home-ec.

Seriously? Because they are responsible for all the dooky legislation for the past billion years or so.

Of course, that is just my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
"Correct me if I'm wrong, buty Congress is pretty much always hated regardless of who controls it"

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Two good reasons IMO...

1 - They seem to clearly not legislate with "the will of the people" in mind. Rather, "the will of the biggest campaign donor" in mind.

2 - Anyone looking for re-election is terrified about facing harsh facts and taking any action to correct it. Want to lose an election? Just point out major problems right around the corner. Voters do not want to hear about them.

My $0.02's worth.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The answers are simple...
They lie,cheat and steal from the american population.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Because it's the dumbest form of Government that has ever been conceived. We elect people knowing full well they are corrupt rich bastards that only care about themselves and how many backroom deals they can push through, but we continually elect them anyways. Democracy by it's nature is nothing more than legalized and glorified prostitution .. corporations and the Oligarchy are the pimps, politicians the whores, we are the johns that the politician does a quick trick for and takes our wallet when we aren't paying attention.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
because they are the man they are the law makers and law breakers and we are the chumps who put them there and think hey the next generation will be better than the last.

hate congress sure but by that extension we should be hating ourselves for allowing that travesity to continue.

the people are the power in this country we know it and congress knows it but they count on our complacency and apathy and the band plays on.

this country is our own making for not stepping up to the 535 tyrants in that thing called government and that thing called congress.

power of the people bv of and for the people not for of and by the poltical shills called congress.

step up and make that change you can believe in and that change is people finally taking back what was stolen from them and too few fight for.

join