It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US reporter tells Iraqi TV pentagon war plan failed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Peter Arnett, a National Geographic correspondent covering the war in Baghdad told Iraqi television during an interview that the Pentagon's war plan has failed and now needs to scramble for another strategy.

US media is spinning this interview as a crossing of ethical reporting lines.

National Geographic link:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

deleted

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How can he say that the Pentagon's plan has failed and is scrambling for another strategy? The only reason I can see that it has been a bit more difficult is because we are trying to be extremely careful in saving civilian casualties. The US has the power and the technology to literally remove Iraq from the face of the earth. Has everyone forgot about the MOAB's and other weapons we haven't even thought of using because of the innocent lives that would be lost? Because of our humaneness, we are being killed by "surrendering civilians" and suicide bomber "taxi drivers". Will it come to a point where it is time to win the war regardless of the consequences? I am glad they have been careful to *try* and avoid civilian casualties but that doesn't mean that the plan has failed.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Latest on FOX news is Peter Arnett was fired from CNN when the man showed a propensity to play both sides of the fence when reporting.

It just struck me as a very important issue which could positively or negatively affect the morale of all concerned.

Peter was right on one statement he made stating that the coalition forces seriously underestimated the determination of the Iraqi people. I think leaving the first war and letting tens of thousands of Iraqi citizens to be slaughtered by Saddam may be a primary reason that Iraq has been as tenacious to this point. But after all, the Iraqi people are fighting for their country and way of life...as miserable as that way of life is perceived from a western viewpoint.

deleted

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It took us 44 days to deal with Afghanistan they were not organized to the extent that Iraq is. Iraq as it is known today has been a country for 6000 years (this as far as Christian Society is concerned).

The only thing that has actually failed is some
Peoples perspectives on reality.

Supporting genocide is a crime and those that do are criminals. in this context speaking specifically of those individuals prepared to defend Saddam Hussein with weapons.

top topics

join