It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA changes guidelines for small children.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I guess the TSA can't be COMPLETELY unresponsive to public criticism all the time. It looks like they're gonna make some small changes in their screening of small children.

TSA changes pat down guidelines for small children

The government has made a change in its policy for patting down young children at airport checkpoints, and more are promised.

Airport security workers are now told to make repeated attempts to screen young children without resorting to invasive pat-downs, the head of the Transportation Security Administration said Wednesday.

But this screening has been criticized as being too intrusive and an unnecessary measure for children and older people who seem to pose no terror threat.

Pistole, testifying at a hearing on transportation security by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, said his agency has been working on a new policy for the use of pat-downs on children and an announcement will come soon.

NBC News

I'm not too enthusiastic about this change. The TSA goon pointed out that, in the Middle East, children as young as 10 are used in suicide bombings.

Something tells me they are giving this little bit very grudgingly, I won't be looking for any more concessions in the near future. The new policy doesn't even say they won't do that stuff anymore; they'll just try to avoid groping children in the future. Not very promising IMO.

Do you think this will placate the masses into thinking the TSA is finally listening to them?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I would never I repeat never ever listen to TSA no matter how many Promises they gave

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

They are trying to mollify the public anger, especially as it relates to the TX action. My fear (and suspicion) is that many TX legislators will use this as an excuse to NOT vote for the anti-groping bill currently up for action in the TX senate. Or, even if it is passed Perry won't sign it saying, "See our pressure forced them to change their rules." It is all window dressing to scuttle the TX bill...and it will work because in the end, all the politicians are in it together.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I think you hit the nail right on the head. The TX law has them scared and they are trying to offer up some indication that they can be reasoned with. If their scheme works and it does offset the TX law, expect them to go back to business as usual in less than three months.

If the TX law does pass, I think they'll double down on the oppression to make the rest of the country pay for TX's decision. They'll say they have to toughen up security since TX put a big hole in the system and they have to make up for it in the rest of the states, hoping the other states will put pressure on TX to repeal the law.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
While I agree that the TSA is likely getting some heat from the bill going through TX right now, you have to really think even bigger than that with this issue.

The TSA wants to be a presence at every citizen gathering point in America. They want train and bus stations, stadiums and arenas, and I wouldnt be surprised to see them push for a presence in parks and recreations areas as well as all major sporting events. If they show a little softening now to stem some of the anger being constantly unleashed on them by the general masses, then they can push for their ever growing agenda.

Given the authority to do so, DHS would have TSA out in such force that it would be hard to distinguish the USA from Nazi Germany or Communist Russia of days gone by. "Papers Please"

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So is this move to expand TSA more about money, or control?
i mean, if TSA does expand to malls, stadiums, ect, somebody will be making bank. Of course it could be both.

On a side note, I was in the living room and my aunt switched to CNN... and - this lasted about 10 seconds- the anchor mentioned anger over video of a 6 year old being patted down... and the "reason" he gave was:
she moved during the x-ray, which caused a blurry image. then they quickly changed subjects.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here's a video of Rand Paul questioning Pistole, and here's the comment I wrote at another site:
I loved, loved, loved it when Rand said to Pistole:
"...In your interview with ABC you said, 'I see flying as a privilege.'. Well, there are those of us who see it otherwise, the Supreme Court included..."
Rand then goes on to cite two cases that agree that traveling is a right, not a privilege: Saenz vs. Roe and Shapiro vs. Thompson!!
Abolish the TSA!
It's UN-Constitutional.

Video:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This is not fair! The screening for a child should be just as non-invasive for an adult. The TSA is so over-the-top it is just rediculous. We should not have to go through the screening that they do now.
edit on 23-6-2011 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join