It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexuality, Morality, Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I recently came across another poster advocating the legalization of prostitution and much to my dismay I find an almost unanimous agreement with this person's views.

Now I agree, prostitution should be legal, for everything should be legal for we are born into a free world. Saying this, I must also say this: how are we governed? by ourselves! Governments are here to declare unto us what should be morally correct. (Don't let this issue be interspersed with issues about government please). Now governments no longer have any necessity when one is able to govern oneself.

Yet, we allow ourselves to be engaged with meaningless things. We say there is pleasure in it so we do it. We should not do this, for, we, knowing morality, do not allow ourselves to governed by such but led astray by lusts. Contend with these, there is more to life than one's pleasure, namely one's progress in understanding and establishing love and God. (Yes, I am a religious man).

No man should need laws to govern oneself. We complain about the government's tyranny but we still are not able to govern ourselves. Just because something is pleasing doesn't mean it should be engaged. We hate the shackles of government but do not realize we are still shackled in our minds; for just because something is legal doesn't mean it is good, just because it is available doesn't mean it should be used.

These are my views, we should govern ourselves morally and not be persuaded to that which is contrary to conscience and God. I would like to hear someone's response to this, their take on the issue.

Please refrain from attacking my religious beliefs or sex life.

May God bless you all

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JeshurunAndronicus

everything should be legal

Even rape, murder and theft?

I would hate to live in that world.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I meant to imply that while these things are legal they will not be done because one governs oneself into doing that which is morally correct.

May God bless you sir

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread on this topic: HERE.

Closed.
edit on June 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join