It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Altered Cows Produce "Human Breast Milk"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
www.ktla.com...
In 2003, after years of testing on mice, scientists managed to create the first cow that could produce milk with the same nutritional properties as human breast milk, but with a taste even stronger and sweeter.

"The genetically modified cow milk is 80 percent the same as human breast milk," said Li Ning, a professor and the project's director as well as lead researcher.

"Our modified cow milk contains several major properties of human milk, in particular proteins and antibodies which we believe are good for our health and able to improve our immune system."

Over 300 cloned cattle now live on an experimental farm in suburban Beijing, with new calves delivered every week.

thats the opening paragraph from the article and while im not to upto date on all gm foods and there levels of badness this has to be the creepyest one ive personaly heard of and its from china so i dont think monsonto is involved with this one...but still creeps me out

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No they don't. They produce abomination milk that is similar to human breast milk in composition. Human breast milk can only come from humans.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

It is creepy...cloned cows producing human milk...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
No they don't. They produce abomination milk that is similar to human breast milk in composition. Human breast milk can only come from humans.

You read the title too literally my friend.

needless to say, the world has indeed gone mad.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Whats the problem? If it is proven to be safe and beneficial, Im all for it. It may even solve the lactose intolerance problems,seeing as humans are not designed to handle milk other than breast milk.

I say to pursue it, but make it safe.

link   

This was posted about a month ago!

link   
reply to post by gabby2011

quite frankly that's what realy caught my attention so not only is it modified ge milk it comes from cloned cows......no good will come of this maby some ge food has merit but this one quite frankly scares me it might be a cultural thing are there any chinese members on ats(is it allowed in china?) but i saw this and i figured some people would find it interesting

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by factbandit

doh! failed again ive been a member for a while but have had very little success with the search feature my bad

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Meh, trust science to try and make my second favourite female body part obsolete

On the lighter side... Will I be able to buy a cappuccino flavoured cow any time soon?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Science (corporations) seriously needs to stop
playin with DNA.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

There is plenty of proof that GE foods are not good, why should this be any diffierent??

Would you let your kids drink Franketstein milk? I doubt it....
edit on 21-6-2011 by AtlantisX99 because: I can't spell

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Abomination sounds about right there, quasar. I noticed the spokesman said it contained proteins and stuff that they "believe" to be good for folk.

The real deal for me please.

edit on 21-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This company was the same company that was behind all those toddler deaths from formula last year. Involving adding a chemical to trick the testers into thinking the product was not diluted.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Whats the problem? If it is proven to be safe and beneficial, Im all for it. It may even solve the lactose intolerance problems,seeing as humans are not designed to handle milk other than breast milk.

I say to pursue it, but make it safe.

Just like GMO foods eh??
Who the heck can you trust these days to provide a non biased study?

Most of the stuff that FDA and such claims is "safe or benefitical" turns out in the end to be really bad for you.
These people are corrupted to hell.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My 10 month old is afraid of cows so you will never catch him suckling on a cow teat.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reminds me of the half man half goat
news story / picts. :
source
I'm afraid to know what a genetically modified cow that
gives human-milk looks like.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
In 2003, after years of testing on mice, scientists managed to create the first cow that could produce milk with the same nutritional properties as human breast milk, but with a taste even stronger and sweeter.

Sweeter? Great. A cow that produces aspartame.

"The genetically modified cow milk is 80 percent the same as human breast milk," said Li Ning, a professor and the project's director as well as lead researcher.

Just tell us what the other 20% is.

top topics

join