It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John’s Butcher Shoppee sued for cow hearts in ground beef

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Imagine guy gets in trouble for putting a little heart into his work.Well off to go fry up some hot dogs.
edit on 21-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am a meat cutter, and adding beef heart to ground beef is as old as ground beef itself.
It doesn’t hurt you, makes the burger leaner and unless some whiner brought it up, nobody would ever know. Ground beef is exactly that, ground beef (cow). Heart is part of the cow; at one time butcher shops would add heart, tongs, and even small pieces of liver, pretty anything left over that was reasonable. With more muscles in the grind than anything else you could never tell. I don’t eat hot dogs. There not kidding when they say lips and assholes.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

Be glad they're not cow balls. In Norway, people eat "lunge mos" (lung mush) as a bread topping. To me, that's more disgusting then eating a heart.

I don't really see a problem with it all, especially if he charges less per pound.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As it has been stated, the heart is part of the cow and a muscle. So what's the beef? Oh! I forgot, the FDA...
Thank God I don't live in the US where I have to put up with such insanity. At least all my meats are fresh. At the market the chickens are clucking, the ducks quacking, the fish are still swimming and as for the pigs, goats and and cows its as fresh as it gets.

<< 1   >>

join