It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding Bigfoot - TV Series on Animal Planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I agree that episode of the show is pretty the best so far.
Plus when they recreated the picture, I could make out the guy (Bobo) face in between the coat. As to the original picture, it was all black.

Oh and a side note.

A few years ago I went to New York (the country part, not the city) with some friends and camped with a bunch of people from the BFRO. They had meetings then we would go out at night and go to the recent sightings places and do a nighttime investigation. It was pretty good until I legitimately saw it and Im man enough to say I almost pissed my pants. It was that close.

That Matt Moneymaker guy was there but none of the other people, just him and some Canadian guy. haha.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

Dude, elaborate! lol

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PronoEast
reply to post by MyCigs

Dude, elaborate! lol

Well we went to do a nighttime investigation at a place that had a sighting nearby the night before. It was on a gravel road, there was a huge cornfield we parked at then walked down the gravel road a bit. They used the whole knocking on trees technique with a really thick wooden bat but in the end there was no knock backs. Then they switched to calls, the loud WOOOPS and low screams, thats when we got a reply back. We continued with it then kept walking on the gravel road following where the sound came from until we heard rustling on the treeline of the road. The Canadian guy grouched down and moved a bit closer, making small low growls and then he would get replies back that couldnt have been more that 5 feet away from him and about 10 feet away from myself and the few others. (There was a bunch more of us but we split into two teams).
Well when it sunk in that there was something right in front of us trying to communicate I got the shivers and wanted to see this thing. I had one of those lights that wrap around your head but I was wearing it around my waist cause it kept falling over my eyes. For a split second I shined my light at it and what I saw blew my mind.

It was this creature, probably about 7'9 to 8 foot. I got that estimate because Im 6'4 and this thing was way taller than me. It was standing in between two trees, there were bushes all around and it had red eyes.

Now the first thing you would think is a man in a costume right? Well not exactly I also saw teeth that almost looked like fangs and I saw its mouth open right before a growl came out. I dont know what kind of costume can pull that off. Plus the stench was awful. After I saw it I shut my light off and took a step back and told my friend,
"Look man, I gotta go, I gotta go back to the cars, you can stay here if you want but I gotta go sit down".

The next day at our campsite, we reviewed what everyone saw and heard and I got to tell everyone. Although it creeped me out, I had a lot of fun and would love to do it again.

Heres a picture I just made on paint of what I saw. Its not exact cause my paint skills are some garbage but you get the idea.
i291.photobucket.com...

But like I said, the picture I just drew is awful, the only thing its for is to show that it was between the two trees and that the eyes were red and it looked like it almost had fangs when it opened its mouth. (The mouth isnt open in the picture I couldnt get the lines to work.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
yeah i think the show is a bit frustrating. im a huge bigfoot fan and know all about the BFRO who are not well liked within the bigfoot hunter community. its like whn they seen that figure on thermal standing in the middle of the woods peeking out from behind a tree they are like no lets not follow it. I know we dont really know what way we would react in certain situations but its like CHASE THE DAMN THING!! follow it on thermal, you are on the verge of discovering one of the biggest things in science in recent years. I read someone say earlier why dont they get like 5 army guys or something to go along with these idiots who clearly are just keeping us on the edge of our seats obviously as its a tv show of course, then when they see the thing get the army guys to go after it with thermals and everything capture it humanly of course in a net or whatever and there you have it, we would have a bigfoot the next day. although i do realise what the show is doing and obviously if in the 1st episode they caught a bigfoot what would be the point of another bunch of episodes or seasons. thet arent 'really' trying to find bigfoot if you know what i mean but good show, but change the cast please, those BFRO guys are useless. if anybody has heard of this documentary coming out called 'sasquatch: the quest' thats gonna blow bigfoot/sas fans out of the water.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This show is garbage. The cast is horrible, the lead investigator consistently takes any of proof given at complete face value and immediately assumes it was bigfoot. The big pro animal caller they have doesn't seem to do much calling and is only there for size reference on recreating pictures and even after they have recreated the picture they still jump to the conclusion the photo must be bigfoot. The only one they have with any credibility is the young woman whom they just constantly dismiss as not being rational and just doesn't want to believe. Monsterquest has more credibility than this heaping pile of trash. And to make it worse this show diminishes any type of real research into the field.

Shows like this are about one thing, ratings. Suckering those that are fascinated with the subject matter to watch the ads and make them money.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PronoEast

1. I believe in bigfoot. There is simply just to much evidence - physical and video - not to believe in it.

But to be perfectly honest I think they`re acting like fools. BFRO should be more rational. Still, they do what they must to earn money and keep the view ratings up so that they can keep searching.

2. A rational bigfoot researcher should stay at a good site much longer than what they do.

3. They are trying to communicate with someone on a completely different wavelength. They should put them selves in a third perspective. What does the bigfoot think when you`re out there howling (EDIT: and chasing them) like they are.

4. If you want to communicate with them you should do it in a non threatening way. Strip off all you clothes down to your wool undies. Go a few days without showering. Bring an offering (fruit f.ex.) and go alone with MAYBE a concealed cam. Try to communicate, not try to capture on tape. They seem to be smart.

5. We should treat bigfeet (plural) with the respect they show us. No wonder they show us respect, they see everything we`ve accomplished the past couple of hundred years. They see our planes, us getting into cars, using machinery, lighting fires. They have so far (going by most of the reports) treated us with respect. We`re talking about a 9 foot up to 600 pounds bipedal here that could literally "tear you a new one". "We" (the humans) go in there howling like idiots, trashing the woods, chopping down their livelyhood and homes. Still they don`t harm us.

A few threatening rocks thrown, some big and some small. If you don`t move away from their spot, they will move. Even though they have made a "home" for their family there.

So please Finding Bigfoot and all other Bigfoot researchers. Stop acting like fools and treat them with mutual respect. At least leave an offering if you`re going to invade their turf. They don`t know about our human property and boundaries. The forest is as much theirs as it is ours. Leave your sound-blasters at home, for all you know you might be soundblasting/yelling "THIS IS MY TURF NOW".
edit on 10-10-2011 by br0ker because: edit marked, add-on.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by madeddie

When is "Sasquatch: The Quest" scheduled to release?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

As a new member I am just now visiting this thread. I have been watching the new season, Finding Bigfoot, for 2012. My only problem with the show is that when they get where they are going to investigate, they talk too loud, and make too much noise. Of course it's going to run the opposite direction!
I grew up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. When I was around 10 years old there was a very tall creature of some kind that walked past our bathroom window. It had to be at least 8 or 9 feet tall to be seen in that window because it was very high off the ground. My teenage sister was in the bathroom curling her hair when she heard something and looked over at the window just in time to see this creature walk by. It was just turning dusk, but still light enough for her to see it. She screamed bloody murder! We all heard something hollering in the woods for months before and after that. The sound wasn't like the long, low howl they give on the show, but it was a high-pitched squeal; sounded more like one of those large flying prehistoric flying birds! All the "old-timers" that lived in the area said they had never heard anything like it! My mother wouldn't let me go outside to play all year because everyone around was terrified of this thing!
One of our neighbors that lived about 2 miles up the road found his pig ripped open on it's belly, but the only thing taken was the liver. He said it was a very clean cut; looked like it could have been done with a knife. He found long white hairs caught on the barbed wire fence close by. This was back in 1967.
Just this past week my cousin called me (she still lives in the area where I grew up) to report a creature howling in the woods behind her house. She is very familiar with the sound of coyotes howling and yelping, and she said this howl was different. When she tried to imitate it for me I got chills; it sounded just like the howls of the big foot people have recorded on the show. She hadn't been watching the show to know that sound. She about freaked out when I told her! She said her dog sat at the edge of the yard just staring into the woods, but wouldn't go after whatever it was, but usually he did take off to the woods to investigate noises. Another one of her neighbors just across the mountain behind her said her dogs started "raising hell" around 2:30 a.m., and continued barking for hours. She said her dogs never bark at anything!
Earlier tonight my cousin called to tell me she was hearing the howling again, but closer to her house this time. It had just stopped when she called me. She said it woke her up from a deep sleep, and she could hear it from inside over the noise of the heat pump running outside her window! She got up and turned the heat off so she could hear it better. She said it was very close by!
About 30 minutes after her call I heard a low, mournful howl in the woods close by my own house, and the neighbors' dogs were barking to beat the band! I hear coyotes just about every night, and this was not a coyote! I live in a different county than she does. Hummmm....... what the heck is going on?
sled735

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MKultraVideos

I completely agree with your comment. The people you see, not just on the show, but in general who call themselves "Bigfoot Hunters" are never anything more than old, greasy looking fat guys who look like they were just on the couch eating nachos a few minutes ago. As an avid hunter I can tell you if I was in an area where a "Sasquatch" was supposed to be, and I had a visual sighting or some fresh tracks from an animal that big, I'd have that thing shot within a couple hours. I've never seen or heard anything that leads me to believe Sasquatch exists, but if it does, and I see one, I'm going to end the debate with a bullet/arrow. (I usually go Bow hunting)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

Better check your state laws first. It is illegal to shoot a big foot in most states because they are an endangered species.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When I saw that episode where they were on the four wheeler mowing down trees and bushes and yelling in excitement, I had enough. All four of them are clearly out of place in the bush. They'd be lucky to come within a hundred miles of a bigfoot. Especially Bobo, the guy who thinks every noise is a 'squatch' nearby. After reading those links and the guy admitting they added sound effects to enhance the show, I'll never watch this crap again.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Anybody find it interesting that there is always

"A Squatch out here."?

Matt Moneymaker lost alot of cred with me when he turned out to be apart of that hoax a few years ago, when the media had picked u the story of the hunters in NC (?) had placed their "Dead Sasquatch" in an open freezer.

Very disappointing. Especially when it was found that moneymaker had alot to do with it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
There is way more space, with no people, than space with people. Therefore, you won't find sasquatch unless they allow it. Humans have the disadvantages of:

1: No radar in their heads, like sasquatch has.
2: No nimbleness and stealth of feet, like sasquatch has.
3: No ability to live in a state of flight, with just the fur on your back, like sasquatch has.

I fly a UAV that can see the heat of your foot prints after you walked by. They are not there......

I live in Wahougal WA, home of Bigfoot and I don't believe they are here any more if even they once were. The show strikes me funny that EVERY sound or video is Bigfoot to them.... not to mention they find Bigfoot all over the country too....

I got bored with the show rather quickly.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

Better check your state laws first. It is illegal to shoot a big foot in most states because they are an endangered species.

Umm. OK. So, let's say you are hunting and see a Bigfoot. Are you worried about the fine or a little jail time, or are you thinking more that you are going to be the one in the history books that finally provided proof of existence?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
For those that have missed the show I'll catch you up. *spoilers..LOL

See a video from supposed sighting..they travel to that location...lots of b-roll of driving and chatting in vehicle...arrive at location have a town hall meeting....investigate a few chosen cases from meeting....watch reused cg bigfoot in each reinactment....night time falls...they do some woops and screams...a few things happen...end of episode. All of them are exactly the same except the location changes.

I also enjoy the show for entertainment value and fully believe in bigfoot...the show is just repetitive.

Thing that rubs me wrong the most is when they interview someone...they determine if they saw a 'squatch' or not...."you definitely saw a squatch"

My 2 cents sorry folks.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PronoEast

I don't like the show It's so BS. I believe in bigfoot but the idiots on this show do it no justice. And I don't know maybe the fact that they never actually see anything? And the one episode where they thought they saw one in the distance and they wouldn't zoom in? The show stopped airing in my country (New Zealand) after that episode. I also think most of the people on those shows storys are total BS as well (Most not ALL) like you can tell that they just made the story up on the spot because they wanted to be on tv? A few of them seemed pretty genuine though

That's my opinion anyway

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Looks like one of my favorite TV shows is BACK!

You know that show where people walk around in the dark and yell at the top of their lungs and get PAID for it.

Yes, the new season begins January 8.

EPIC!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PronoEast

The problem with these kind of shows,they stress entertainment and being on public TV are only going to hear what your allowed,yes going out to search with a giant ontourage,lights blaring,I would think only chances of seeing a Bigfoot,if they had a paid actor,those things as giant as they are can blend in feet away and go undetected

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkstar12

This is pretty hilarious and spot on. It is how every show goes, and I usually put it on to annoy my wife. Then I do a stupid call like bobo. It is good comedy value especially when we are camping I'll bust out a bobo call and my wife will get all angry with me.

Whether your believe in the big fella or not, this show is amazingly silly. However it is fun to watch just to see how silly they all get.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
With their clumsy methodes tgey will never find evidence if bigfoot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join