It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian plane crash kills 44 people, among pasengers nuclear chiefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Forty-four people were killed when a passenger jet crashed late on Monday in northwestern Russia, news agencies said. RIA Novosti and ITAR-Tass, citing Emergencies Ministry officials, reported that the RusAir plane crash-landed on a highway en route from Moscow to the city of Petrozavodsk. They reported eight people who survived the crash were hospitalised in critical condition in Petrozavodsk. There was no immediate explanation for the crash. Russian news agencies said the plane crashed on its final approach to the airport in Petrozavodsk, landing a few hundred metres short of the runway. Petrozavodsk is in the in the province of Karelia, 640km northwest of Moscow. The plane was a Russian-made Tu-134 jet, the Emergencies Ministry said, carrying 52 people, nine of whom were crew, the agencies said. The ministry confirmed on its website that there had been an incident and posted a list of 43 passengers. The Karelia branch of the Emergencies Ministry said radio contact with the pilot was lost at 23:40 local time (0540 Tuesday AEST).

www.skynews.com.au...

Condolences for the victim families.
This seems to be ordinary airplane crash but accidentally among the dead pasengers is 5 important persons in nuclear industry

Director and general constructor of Nuclear company Gidropress Sergey Rizkov
Chief constructor of nuclear company Gidropress Nicolay Trunov and deputy director of Gidropress Nikolay Banok

www.time.mk...

www.gidropress.podolsk.ru...

Also Chief of Administration of Atomenergomash ( nuclear power engineering company ) Valery Ljalin en.wikipedia.org...

And chief technologist of ОКБМ ( www.okbm.nnov.ru... ) Andrey Trofimov

Maybe this is coincidence but with all the fuss about nuclear energy and disasters this year i found this very suspicious.Maybe a little digging will come out with more info .Let's not forget Polish goverment plane crash.

edit on 21-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It is suspicious, and hopefully there will be some inside info coming out about it, though not sure we'll ever hear all about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Maybe this is coincidence but with all the fuss about nuclear energy and disasters this year i found this very suspicious.

They've built the Bushehr nuclear plant in Iran...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The plane crashed on a highway, so they either mistook it for the runway or they tried to make an emergency landing. The runway lights at the airport was not working. It was the same type of plane as the one that crashed in Smolensk in April last year, killing the entire Polish elite.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Weird. As soon as I heard about the crash I wondered whether or not anyone prominent was aboard (not to suggest that the other victims were nobodies but you know what I mean). The Polish incident reeks.

new topics

top topics

join