It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City flushes 8 Million gallons of drinking water after man caught urinating in reservoir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Hosted Because a 21-year-old man was caught on a security camera urinating into a city reservoir, Oregon's biggest city is sending 8 million gallons of treated drinking water down the drain. Portland officials defended the decision Monday, saying they didn't want to send city residents water laced, however infinitesimally, with urine. Public health officials say, however, that urine is sterile in healthy people and that the urine in the reservoir was so diluted - perhaps a half pint in millions of gallons - that it posed little risk.

Some people in the city, in the suburbs and around the world called the flush an overreaction, especially since animals such as ducks contribute waste routinely and, sometimes, die in the water.

They overreact about this and yet there's fluoride in the drinking water which definitely will and has done a lot more damage than this tiny bit of piss will..

Sure. I wouldn't want piss in my drinking water but over this amount? I'd choose piss over fluoride any day.

I wonder how much this costed the taxpayers.

Hosted

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Please join the existing discussion on this topic here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed.

new topics

join