It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society in limbo~ words of wisdom: True now, just as the day they were written.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

“We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”

Ayn Rand

I bring this up as it is more and more prevalent in our forums as a matter of discussion. The failings of society and how the people see the government as a heal all.

Quite the contrary;

"Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

There are many words of forewarning from those who knew, and tried. For those who failed to hear and acknowledge those words, we have little to do except hope they will some day.

"Egalitarians create the most dangerous inequality of all -- inequality of power. Allowing politicians to determine what all other human beings will be allowed to earn is one of the most reckless gambles imaginable. Like the income tax, it may start off being applied only to the rich but it will inevitably reach us all."
Thomas Sowell (born June 30, 1930)

And also this quote goes well with the above;

“So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?”
Ayn Rand

This I feel is more so true, than any other comment pertaining to today. It speaks with a tone that rings true to me. Perhaps if more people in general were willing to open their eyes and see for them selves, rather than having blind faith in false hopes and illusionary comforts.

“The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.”
Ayn Rand

These words I don't just post to bore you, I find them very meaningful and pertaining to today's challenges. If we as a people, only had listened, if the people who were entrusted were the right people, things would be different.

"Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell

This I will leave those of you who read this to think upon and, ponder.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another...

and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776

join