It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of the Electric Power Companies wants nuclear plants restarted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
head of the Federation of Electric Power Companies in Japan says he will seek the understanding of regional municipalities for an early restart of nuclear plant operations.....

Really Japan? This and the olympics? This is appauling. You are not even thinking about your own people.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Oh this is absurd. This entire problem with Fukushima is based in the HUNDREDS OF TONS of fuel rods being stored at that one location. This isn't the reactor fuel in use, but the old crap being stored for lack of a better place to put it. Personally, I've put so much into learning the facts about Fuku and this nightmare, I had to stop. I became so bitter and downright mean to everyone around me, I realized it was destroying me. No propaganda here, it's just what happened. I've watched two other people on other sites go down this same rabbit hole, thinking as I did, that they'd make public resources to help everyone understand and help the public. They are in the same place as I reached. Bitter..and so hateful now I hardly recognize who they used to be.

The truth to this really is THAT bad. The idea that they suggest anything be restarted that isn't, sadly, already operating and necessary to maintain basic services, makes me sick.

IF.....reactor cores were all we had to worry about in a modern Nuclear Power Plant, we'd have few problems. The ACTIVE CORES are so well protected that a disaster like Japan is what it takes to even create issues. However, the world isn't going to suffer from the CORE in Unit 3 at the Fukushima site, it will count it's losses in body bags by the pools of SPENT FUEL that was stored ABOVE Unit 3. Some may have seen pictures beyond what the media shows....and noticed the upper floors of Unit 3 no longer exist. That is now a permenant part of the Pacific Ocean.

Until Nuclear Power nations have a way and plan to handle waste, nuclear plants should be shut down and taken clear out of the picture. We have over 400 functional reactors on Earth right now that are publicly acknowledged. We have ZERO long term locations to store, let alone DISPOSE of, the waste those 400 sites produce. Until that changes, this form of power is a suicide pact. Prior to Fuku, I was among the strongest proponents of Nuclear power. This one incidental showed the stakes of this "game" and they are too damned high...even once.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks WRabbit2000 for sharing. I too had become so embittered and rageful, it was affecting the way I was reacting towards everyone around me. It engulfed me in such a way, I had withdrawn from my family and everyday activities. I had to pull away from this for awhile to try and rebalance myself. But I know that didn't make this nuclear nightmare or official stupidity go away. Now hopefully this event has started a fire of public opinion no official can put out or quiet down. Hopefully no one will back down again or go quiet to the Nuclear Industry.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well it looks like Germany is leading the way on nuclear transparency with their televised nuclear debate. Notice how it isn't being reported in the US I guess they don't want to give anybody any ideas.

new topics

top topics

join