It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Software for disc clean up & converting video files. Any tips?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Then you should be fine. The drivers are available for that model.

And as Arbitrageur said, you can run 11.04 from a usb. There are actually several different ways to run it if you just want to try it out before actually switching. And it still is very small compared to a Windows installation.

reply to post by Havick007

Please don't imply that I don't know how to build my own computer. I've been doing it for well over a decade. The first computer that I learned to code on was an Apple IIe. I know computers and I know how to select the proper components for one.

Vista didn't work for everyone. There was a reason that Microsoft put out Windows 7 so soon after the release of Vista. It wasn't the worst OS they've ever put out, but it certainly was not as stable as you are making it out to be.

You are sorely misinformed on how well the Linux operating systems work. It is the most stable OS you can get. Just because you couldn't handle it doesn't mean you need to go around spreading lies about it. The updates are frequent and more reliable because it is open source. Please, don't go spouting off false information about Linux until you have learned a little bit more about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Use PCTOOLS Registry Mechanic...
...cleans out the rubbish...speeds up the machine...doesn't cause problems.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

Well if you had trouble running vista on your own computer than sorry i dont know what else to say.................

MS released 7 because it was the next OS to be released and in another year or 2 there will be another OS to replace 7 and it will go on and on.

I know alot of people that use Vista and the only problem they ever had were because of hardware issues. Apart from that if you had a reliable system then Vista worked fine.

I can handle Linux just fine, in fact i could have Linux and Vista running on my PC at the same and be able to pick from boot which one i want to run and i still would not have a problem so i dont see what point your trying to make??
edit on 18-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

The point I'm making is that you are making false accusations against Linux which makes it clear you know nothing about it. Therefore, I would prefer you not spreading lies about it. You even said yourself earlier in the thread that you couldn't comment on Ubuntu because you only tried it years ago. You've made it clear you do not understand the advantages of open source by your previous comments. Big pockets do not make for the best product. I don't know how to make the point any clearer.

I am not a rabid Linux fan. I think that all OS have strengths and weaknesses. I own an Xbox. People's preferences about the OS they use is like their religion. I'm not going to tell them they are wrong for using what they like. I will however, offer an alternative if they begin having a crisis of faith. And I will defend my religious beliefs when others begin repeating untruths about it. What you've said about Linux amounts to a fundamentalist christian saying that all other religions worship satan.

Oh, and saying that the hardware issues with Vista was all the fault of an unreliable system is like saying people who couldn't run the first Crysis just didn't have a reliable system. No, they just didn't have the want or money to buy the top of the line hardware it required. For a game, that is Ok. For an OS, it's not.

But this is all off topic so I'm not going to argue the point with you anymore. I'll just say that you just need to stop feeding into the lies that the corporations have fed you about open source and free material and leave it at that. Do some research on it. You may be surprised by what you learn.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

I wasnt having a go at Linux i was only sharing my personal opinion about it, dont stress to much. I dont have anything against Linux, it's just i have always preffered Windows.

Some people prefer Mac etc.

I really couldnt care less about what OS you or the OP uses, i was just sharing my opinion. lol MS doesnt need any more marketing, they have that in the bag.... and yeah i know they are a big corp juggernaut and to be honest i dont like that in many cases but me personally, i have never had a major problem with Windows.

I can run Crysis on Vista just fine
although my system specs are just scraping by, they still cope with no lag. The same for Crysis 2 beta and full version, although i got tired of Crysis, it was great to start with but the sequal lacked a good story line.

Homefront made me vomit lmao

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Digital Media Converter is a free video converter software that converts every type of media file. No adware, and completely virus free. Supports almost any file format and it is a fast converter. It also does batch conversion and perfectly keeps your audio and video in sync.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join