It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I have a lucid dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hello, I recently had this experience happen to me, and I don't know what to make of it.

Here's what happened:

I was drifting off to sleep, and then when I knew I was at the brink of sleep, everything became dark. I was confused as to why everything was black when suddenly the darkness began to disperse and a scene started to come to view.

I was in what seemed like a meadow. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. The vibrancy of the colors in this was striking. It was as if someone took a veil off and everything was in high quality. I looked around wondering why I was there. Questioning everything.

As I perused around, I notice two children, possibly teenagers having a picnic. I was wondering who they were, when they noticed me approaching. I could see that one was a female and the other a male. They stopped talking and grinned at me, they put their cups down and looked at each other and then back at me, and the boy said: "finally! You're here!" and the girl said: "It was about time! We've been waiting for you!"

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know who they were. So I stayed in place, a couple of feet away. Just wondering what was going on. They got up and began to approach me, and I stepped back. They seemed confused by my reaction, but continued to approach me.

I told them to stay back, but they kept coming forward. I didn't feel threaten by them, but I didn't know who they were. So, I felt myself shake and I turned into a huge white dog, that was about 7 feet tall, and I growled at them baring my teeth. That didn't really faze them, they just seemed a bit taken aback by my reaction.

I decided I didn't want to be there anymore and tried to wake up, then everything became black again before I felt a jolt and I opened my eyes. I laid in bed, pondering over what had happened, but didn't know what that was. It only lasted a couple of minutes. I was amazed I had turned into a huge white dog, at will. And how everything looked so real.

So, I'm not sure exactly if it was a lucid dream or not. In my regular dreams, I usually know why I'm there, who the people or things are, and do not question as to why certain things happen, no matter how absurd.

But I found myself perplexed, I still am. Was that a lucid dream? Because I know that wasn't a regular dream.

Can someone please give me their input?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would like to start off by saying this is my first post on ATS and I have been visiting the site for around 6 years. I created this account to reply to your question because I am a lucid dreamer and I can help. There's one question you need to answer to know if you were in a dream. While you were dreaming, at any point did you KNOW you were in a DREAM. ... think very hard about it if you don't know. You've stated something along the lines of noticing things were different, like you were questioning the reality. Like you were becoming aware, JUST about to become LUCID. However, if you weren't consciously aware that you were in a dream then you were not lucid dreaming. If you weren't lucid don't worry, you were very very close to being lucid. The reason I believe is because you went right from a waking state into a dreaming state - so there was almost no transition between being awake and being in a dream you were questioning what was before your eyes. I hope I've made sense, if you want to become LUCID I suggest going to www.ld4all.com I started going their about 6 years ago and the first night I went there I had a lucid dream, not everyones that lucky though. It took a very long time with very short lucid dreams but over time I have become quite in tune with my sleep. I'm not always lucid or anything but I become aware of my dream's pretty often. There's a trick you can do to check in your everyday life if you are dreaming.... you plug your nose..... and try to breathe air through your nostrils (you obviously won't be able to breathe through your nostrils because your plugging your nose) THATS how you know you're awake....... because you CANT breathe through your nostrils.... However, if you are in a dream and you plug you're nose you will be able to breathe through your fingers out your nostrils EVERY SINGLE TIME. SOOOO the EASIEST way to becoming lucid is to plug you're nose and try to breathe through it with the intent of recognizing whether you are awake or asleep - The trick is to question your everyday reality... right now.... check, do the test I just explained... because for all you know you are in a dream right now!!!! You aren't the master of reality you cant just say "No, I know I'm not dreaming" I know thats your first instinct and you would be right if you were to assume that but to actually find out for real you have to do some kind of test that proves your in an altered reality, there's lots of tests you can learn over time the more aware you become of the dream world and how things work there. Hope I helped!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lllNixielll

its seems to me like you astral projected. No paragraphs needed to explain.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheeJesusFish

I like your post very much, but I'd like to challenge your post. In my religion lucid dreaming is for religious purposes. I am a Buddhist. Lucid Dreaming is extremely hard and requires a certain mindset. Now with the help of binaural brain waves, its easier to achieve this height of dreaming. Without this aid, lucid dreaming requires incredible focus, and powerful preception. Many Tibet Masters train for years to achieve lucid dreaming.

top topics

join