It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Bomb Rocks Islamic School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Six people have been killed and 14 have been injured when two bombs exploded in a pro-Taliban school today in Karachi, Pakistan. Three of the injured are in serious condition. The school has been known to have violence in the past.

www.foxnews.com
KARACHI, Pakistan � Two bombs ripped through a pro-Taliban Islamic school (search) in this southern Pakistani city Sunday, killing six and injuring 14 in the latest in a string of violence to grip the southern port city.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Reported there were two explosions. The first explosion was intended to draw people in. Officials have blocked off streets around the school to investigate.

Violence in the city is allegedly due to President Pervez Musharraf's allied ties to the U.S. in the war on terror.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
School of Rock

- well good news. Finally somebody giving some terror back
(okay, joking. Terror against terror is no solution but it's fun to read such news).

What I don't get is your comment on the news. The news says a pro-taliban school was rocked by bombs and your comment says the violence is due to Musharraf's ties to the U.S.
So why should somebody protest against Musharraf's ties to the U.S. by placing bombs in pro-taliban schools?
- or you were just talking about the general violence in that city. Though it's a bit missleading then.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by shoo]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Actually... terror against terror may be a good answer.
I'm not really much of a fighter... I don't like it and I'm not good at it. Once however, somebody just kept threatening to kick my arse, so finally I called him on it, and I made his eye swell shut. Low and behold, it made him rather docile for the rest of the time I knew him. He knew he wasn't going to beat me, and he knew that he was just gonna get hurt again... so he just carried on and left me alone.

If we make peaceful life better, terrorist life worse, and successfully defend outselves, nobody will want to be a terrorist.

join