It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver fans react

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Vancouver fans react

www.cbc.ca

Live coverage of fan reaction, violence after Vancouver Stanley Cup loss.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theglobe andmail.com
[url=http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Canucks+fans+pack+downtown+Vancouver+fires+after+Stanley+final+loss/4953826/story.html]www.vancouversun.com[/u rl]

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Rioting in Vancouver, British Columbia after the Boston Bruins bested the Vancouver Canucks in the Stanley Cup finals. The only way out of Vancouver right now is the SkyTrain and Seabus, the bridges have been closed and metro bus service is down. Multiple cars are on fire, police cars have been flipped, looting has commenced, one person is said to have fallen from one of the bridges, the library was set on fire. Multiple police choppers in the air, police on the ground in riot gear.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
you have been beat different section though but good to see it on the new topics again
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I will admit I'm not much of a sports fan but I do find it bizarre people will destroy their community due to losing a game. Somehow that don't make any sense to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
CBC reporter Lisa Johnson live tweets from the city

CBC reporter Lisa Johnson, who is reporting on the crowd violence in Vancouver, is live-tweeting what she's seeing.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
you have been beat different section though but good to see it on the new topics again
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I looked, and could not find a thread covering it in the Breaking News forum.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Unconfirmed reports are coming in on Twitter about a possible fatality, as well that the Hudson Bay store is on fire. #canucksriot

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
These Hooligans are so primitive they can't even explain their own actions.

Ask a football fan why is roots for a certain team and mostly they won't be able to answer.... Let alone to explain why they become violent when "their" club looses.

Fact is that we're looking at people that become violent over 2 companies (clubs) that have a bunch of high payed employees (players) that have NOTHING to do with these hooligans other than that they happen to be based in some particular city that these hooligans feel bonds with....

Crazy if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Crowd sets cars on fire, loots stores in Vancouver

Ongoing coverage from CTV on the Vancouver riot.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Unconfirmed reports on Twitter that the transit is compromised. Asked to spread the word to walk peacefully out of downtown Vancity.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
CTV's Lisa Laflamme reports that St. Paul's hospital is now in lockdown. This confirms earlier Twitter reports of it being in code orange.

LisaLaFlammeCTV: St. Paul's hospital is in lockdown. #riot

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Common sense is bowing its head in shame. This is not the example we try to set and not the Canadian way.

Many Canadians are disgusted tonight.

I certainly am.

At the same time, I am PO'D!

Here we sit, day after day trying to wake people up to the REAL problems, and NOW they take to the streets over a damn Hockey game? This is what gets people angry?

These punks just created the reason to have more cameras, metal detectors, body searches etc at the arenas now.

This is NOT the time to hit the streets..

Idiots!

edit on 16-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Common sense is bowing its head in shame. This is not the example we try to set and not the Canadian way.

Many Canadians are disgusted tonight.

I certainly am.

I'm right there with you. There was no need for any of this.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

mariam_di Mariam Ibrahim RT @AndreaWoo: As of 10:20 p.m. Vancouver hospitals had recorded two trauma cases, three stabbings and one head injury. #canucksriot #riot

Live CTV footage of the riot

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FriendlyGopher

Not true. everyone has a reason they root for a certain team, and by saying most would be unable to answer is just silly.

the reasons themselves may not be great, but they are reasons

not every sports fan is a drooling idiot. But the drooling idiots do make it tough for the rest of us

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Current live footage of the police blockade at Granville and Robson shows some officers outfitted with AR-15 semi-automatic rifles with rubber bullets.

new topics

top topics

join