It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stand the ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I personally don't watch the news but my mother does and whenever she's watching it all I hear are things that make me angry. This world is so backwards. The other night CNN was talking about how a congresswoman was kicked out of Iraq and all of the guests on the news channel were saying things like "how dare they do that we have put so much money into giving them freedom and killing saddam and getting rid of terrorism" Are these people not human? Do they not understand that we have been blowing their # up for almost a decade now? How many deaths we have caused? Don't these people understand that they are pissed because we are occupying their country? Do these people ever consider the scenario in which they are occupying us and how we would feel about it? I'm trying to figure out if these people say these kind of things because of a propaganda agenda or because they really think that way, and if thats the case i can't see those kind of people as humans, but lifeless bodies. /endrant

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
dont watch cnn problem solved.

second blocks the channel

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
I'm trying to figure out if these people say these kind of things because of a propaganda agenda or because they really think that way, and if thats the case i can't see those kind of people as humans, but lifeless bodies. /endrant

I suspect a little of both.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Those MSM 'people' you quoted are either completely brainwashed, or psychopaths, or both. Merely search-engine number of civillian dead Iraq. I learned today, they tried to hide a majority pro-Ron Paul poll, and sneak-replace it with their own phony one which had zero for him. Utterly diabolical. Alex Jones was telling about his attendence and speaking at the TalkRadio talkers conference. He came up against someone (unknown to me at the moment) who knew the Official 9-11 line is bogus, and tried to stare Jones down about it, with a smile. These humanoids have completely given themselves over to what the late Father Malachi Martin called, "perfect possession".

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Those MSM 'people' you quoted are either completely brainwashed, or psychopaths, or both. Merely search-engine number of civillian dead Iraq. I learned today, they tried to hide a majority pro-Ron Paul poll, and sneak-replace it with their own phony one which had zero for him. Utterly diabolical. Alex Jones was telling about his attendence and speaking at the TalkRadio talkers conference. He came up against someone (unknown to me at the moment) who knew the Official 9-11 line is bogus, and tried to stare Jones down about it, with a smile. These humanoids have completely given themselves over to what the late Father Malachi Martin called, "perfect possession".

Well said, I think the possibility of mind control also comes into this. I'm sure you've seen the videos where the reporters supposedly have a "stroke" on camera and speak complete gibberish?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

I believe you are really onto something there. I've had very similar thoughts many times while watching Fox and CNN, even on their International versions. I've sat back and realized that for most of the people in the world that is the view they have of Western nations and the people living in them. Well, between news broadcasts and movies, but I'd rather just forget about how movies/TV from the "Saw" franchise to 'Baywatch' help form the world's opinion of us. I really don't believe the vast majority of people who have come to dislike or even hate us in the west would feel that way at all with any one of us as individuals. However, the arrogance on display by the media and politicians they DO see must be very difficult to stomach when they are on the pointed of that attitude.

I don't think we need to wonder how we'd react ourselves when the slightest disrespect any other nation on Earth shows toward us (Americans) or other Western nation's IS answered by outrage and an immediate jump to threats of various levels by the public of said nations. When one stops to really think about it...It's staggering to watch in that light.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've heard things on CNN that are crazier than the craziest thing ever said on this forum.
And I've heard things on Fox News that are 5x crazier as the craziest thing ever said on this forum.
I've had countless "wtf moments" while watching these channels. There's been many times where it's obvious they have manipulated a story to fit their agenda. My prime example is their articles on Iran. They've literally had an article painting Iran in a bad light for more than three years(when I first started reading the news daily) pretty much every day. I'm certain it's over 90% of days. They, CNN, even had a survey that showed 70% of americans support the invasion of Iran. Well yeah, because you've been brainwashing people into thinking that for years, YEARS.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Imo, the ignorant are the only ones who hate Americans. The intelligent people realize that we are not the ones in charge. This is why I wonder why terrorists don't target politicians more, but I suppose they have proven their ignorance on many issues...including their own religion.

But ya, the MSM screws up all the time. I have sent 4 dirty messages so far just to CNN alone. Fox has gotten a few from me as well, and neither will answer any of my questions, or call me back.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I've heard things on CNN that are crazier than the craziest thing ever said on this forum.
And I've heard things on Fox News that are 5x crazier as the craziest thing ever said on this forum.
I've had countless "wtf moments" while watching these channels. There's been many times where it's obvious they have manipulated a story to fit their agenda. My prime example is their articles on Iran. They've literally had an article painting Iran in a bad light for more than three years(when I first started reading the news daily) pretty much every day. I'm certain it's over 90% of days. They, CNN, even had a survey that showed 70% of americans support the invasion of Iran. Well yeah, because you've been brainwashing people into thinking that for years, YEARS.

Most people don't know they're being bull#ted, I can never understand what it's like to not be able to notice an obvious lie, ever since I was a kid I could always point out the BS in what people say, quite frankly I don't want to be like those people, they are the same people that eat fast food and are obese, the same people who are infatuated with celebrities, the same people who dont ask questions, who follow, who are sheep.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Imo, the ignorant are the only ones who hate Americans. The intelligent people realize that we are not the ones in charge. This is why I wonder why terrorists don't target politicians more, but I suppose they have proven their ignorance on many issues...including their own religion.

But ya, the MSM screws up all the time. I have sent 4 dirty messages so far just to CNN alone. Fox has gotten a few from me as well, and neither will answer any of my questions, or call me back.

I do agree the govts are the ones that put us in this BS but the people, especially the ones that support the wars and follow along with what the news says are just as responsible and seriously need to wake up because they are hampering humanities ability to morally and spiritually evolve.

join