It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spreading word of Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The intent of this thread is to post ways to spread the ideas of Anonymous.

My idea: Twitter

Twitter seems like it was made to spread messages to vast amounts of people easily. You can tweet at different twitter users and everyone that follows him/her/it will see it. This seems like a great way to wake people up and spread the word. Posting just a few tweets could reach millions of people. Tell me what you think and post your ideas.
edit on 15-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What ideas have they had besides "lulz"?

Anonymous can be anyone, anyone who is... wait for it.... Anonymous!

Meaning if people keep treating/acknowledging it as a faction or some hierarchical group, there is going to be someone who usurps the idea of anonymous and uses it for their own gain.

Leading into disaster.

Case In Point

Now, what stops the intelligence community from developing assets?
edit on 15-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

See your idea would totally destroy anonymous, so i support it, because they are a bunch of selfish douchebags.

Having a twitter feed that anyone can follow leaves a TRAIL. They are "anon" because there is no "group" merely networks of chat rooms, ftp servers, and irc networks. There is no trail, there is no way "in" unless you have the skills to prove your worth.

Anon is now, what the internet piracy scene was 10 years ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Anon Ops are already on twitter. You can use twitter without leaving your calling card...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They're already on twitter, I started following a couple of users with the name 'anonymous'. They regularly post info on what they are up to

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lol wow this is not what I intended out of this thread. Mods feel free to close this thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by mb2591

See your idea would totally destroy anonymous, so i support it, because they are a bunch of selfish douchebags.

Having a twitter feed that anyone can follow leaves a TRAIL. They are "anon" because there is no "group" merely networks of chat rooms, ftp servers, and irc networks. There is no trail, there is no way "in" unless you have the skills to prove your worth.

Anon is now, what the internet piracy scene was 10 years ago.

You have no idea what your talking about bro

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
What ideas have they had besides "lulz"?

Anonymous can be anyone, anyone who is... wait for it.... Anonymous!

Meaning if people keep treating/acknowledging it as a faction or some hierarchical group, there is going to be someone who usurps the idea of anonymous and uses it for their own gain.

Leading into disaster.

Case In Point

Now, what stops the intelligence community from developing assets?
edit on 15-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Lol yea they are only in it for the lulz cept you proved your point wrong with the link you provided..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

I think you are missing the inevitable outcome of the "anonymous" platform.

It only has one place to go....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by mb2591

I think you are missing the inevitable outcome of the "anonymous" platform.

It only has one place to go....

Only time will tell.. But anonymous is just a name describing them. Would it help if they had a name attached to them.. say Freedom fighters.. They would still remain anonymous.

I hope you understand this

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

No, it is about perception. And the MSM has labeled "anonymous" as a group. And there are now media releases to corroborate that.

Who exactly is behind everything means nothing because everyone involved is "anonymous". But the possibility of manipulating and twisting this idea through agenda driven tactics is extremely high.

In other words, it's a matter of time before someone takes advantage of the platform.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That is very possible let's hope that doesnt happen.. I just don't see any other way of bringing world wide change :/

top topics

join