It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 more people arrested in Florida for feeding homeless, 15 arrested in the last 2 weeks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Well, looks like I need three things.

A bus ticket to Florida, a sack full of sandwiches, and an overnight bag.

Don't forget your bail-bondsman, lol!

Orlando is a big tourist city, and these unsavory homeless people are an eyesore. Cities try to keep their poor hidden. How dare they show themselves?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
These aren't people advocating more redistribution of funds from the rich to the unfortunate. This is voluntary redistribution of wealth of the most sincere kind.
We've reached a new low when even helping the poor out of your own pocket is becoming a forbidden act.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byeluvolk
Have you even read this thread? Or did you read the OP title,and then jump to the end and post a reply? This is not about arresting people for feeding a bum. This has nothing to do with feeding the homeless, it has everything to do with anti war protesters exploiting the homeless to gain media time to promote the real agenda.

That's in no way the general consensus but just your mere opinion.
And even if true I could still understand it.
The people of your country are getting treated like little babies, there must be a law for everything
I have to admit if there would be such an abundance of needless laws and rules in my country I would be really upset.
I would be so upset, I would just have to break them in the most obvious and blatant way.

edit on 19-6-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Well this is just a Draconian and Fascist law now isn't it.

Probably passed because they know more Americans are going hungry and the Elite want them to starve to death. So police enforce murder through starvation. I'd quite the police force on this law period.

Police state anyone?

They don't want them to starve, that would be "cruel", they want them on welfare. All government power is a result of providing "welfare" to the "down and out".

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Well as I pointed out, the law does not prevent you from feeding homeless people. The law states you can’t set up a soup kitchen in the downtown area without a license.

What these people are doing is purposely setting up a soup kitchen in the downtown area rather than move 2 or 3 blocks away where it is perfectly legal to do so as often as you wish. Thus they can get arrested, and then yell that it is because they are trying to help the homeless, when in reality, they are just trying to get their organizations name in the news.

If this group of people really were trying to help the homeless, they would indeed setup a permanent shelter, or even a temporary one, but do it outside of the downtown area where they need the license. Thus they would spend their time and money on helping, not on phony publicity stunts, bail, lawyer’s fees, and ultimately fines. This is all wasted time and money far better spent on helping the homeless they claim to be helping. When in reality their efforts are not helping the homeless one bit.

***EDIT

This is not coming from any motivation on my part other than my desire to get people more involved in helping the homeless. I spend much of my time working with shelters, and soup kitchens. As well as every day just helping people I see in need. I firmly believe the homeless and needy people of the US, and indeed the world could for the most part disappear. And no I do not mean the people will disappear, but rather the sate of poverty. All it takes if for people to put forth even the smallest effort to assist, and many of the homeless, and needy would get back on their feet, and provide for themselves.

I see groups like this all the time, which exploit the homeless in some way to further their cause. And in the end they are harming the people they claim to be trying to help. As I said just take the time and money spent on the publicity stunts, and instead invest it in a real attempt to help the homeless. Their organizations name may not be on the television, but the needy people would be getting the assistance they claim to be trying to provide.

As once again I will point out the law does not forbid you from feeding the homeless. It only stipulates you must have a license to set up a soup kitchen in the downtown area. If you as an individual were to give a homeless person a sandwich, there would be no police, no arrests, not even stern looks. The issue here is not the fact you helped homeless people, the issue is they are using public lands without the proper licenses to do so. They are wasting their time and money on needless legal fees, and court appearances. This time and money should be spent helping the homeless rather than this charade.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by katseyes
reply to post by Vitchilo

You are probably right - its all about the money..... as usual.

Im in England, and recently a friends son who is employed by Pizza Hut was given a written warning for giving a homeless man left-over food at the end of the evening instead of throwing it away in the slop bin.

This is different. Just giving my two cents here but legally you can't do that. It doesn't have anything to do with homeless people it's the same idea that you can't take leftovers home with you either. It's a health thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join