It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Suicide bomber blow themselves up by mistake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Whilst reading the Sunday Times i came across this little story in an article about the Taliban's attempts to recapture and control land in Nuristan province Afghanistan .My source is the news paper itself so no link (The Times has a pay wall)

''The Al Qaeda instructor spent an hour schooling his protege a 12 year old Afghan boy,in the art of suicide bombing.Flanked by retired officers from Pakistan's Inter-services Intelligence(ISI),The Arab militant is said to have shown the boy how to approach his target calmly before pressing the handheld button.
At the end of the lesson the trainer strapped a suicide vest over the child's clothes and told him to demonstrate.''Okay so i walk like this,''Said the boy as he walked across the living room in Chatras Nuristan ''and then i press this button like this''Before any one could stop him he pressed the detonator.The blast killed seven men.''
Miles Amoore
Apparently the story was confirmed by province police and the Afghan govt source there were other boys ready to be used as suicide bombers and a retired wing of ex ISI officers known as ''S wing'' have been helping the insurgents.Terrorists have a tendency to blow themselves up by mistake I can remember the IRA,ETA and the Weather underground did the same.I saw a documentary where child suicide bombers were interviewed .It amazes me that they consider a boy of twelve old enough to die.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Found it in a Yahoo News article from Time.

Taliban's Afghanistan Strategy: First, Take Nuristan

Earlier in May, an explosion rocked a house in the Nuristani village of Chatras, killing two Arab fighters thought to belong to al-Qaeda, two retired Pakistani soldiers, three local Talibs - and the 12-year-old boy they were drilling in the craft of suicide bombing. "After the instruction, they fitted the jacket on him," the Afghan official told TIME, "And he said, 'O.K., should I walk like this?' 'Yes, yes.' 'And I should press this button?' And he pressed the button and exploded."

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

In the past there was a 14-16 year old Muslim general who was conquering lands, nothing new. Just because Western kids become adults sometimes after their 30s doesn't mean it is the same everywhere. In the Muslim world, you start getting responsibilities at the age of 7, you are expected to start behaving after that, just a cultural thing, you get your Shal, that thing you see the Taliban wear, it is like a cloak, that represents the beginning of the transition to manhood.

Blablabla, you get what I mean right?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
They don't consider a 12-year-old old enough to die... they consider him too YOUNG to fully realize the consequences. Young enough to be brainwashed easily.

It also demonstrates their desperation - what, no grown men willing to die for your cause???

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
They don't consider a 12-year-old old enough to die... they consider him too YOUNG to fully realize the consequences. Young enough to be brainwashed easily.

It also demonstrates their desperation - what, no grown men willing to die for your cause???

Research is required, many places 7 year old start working and make the daily bread for the family. You are bound by the reality set around you by your media, kids can grow faster, if placed in a different environment. That's a fact. To make it fair, kids can grow slower, if placed in certain environment. Some Western kids become men when they are 20.

The whole world is not the same, all people are not the same, it would help if you realize that.

I gave you an example of a Muslim general who was 14, and who conquered lands, while now we have kids who are 25 and still playing WOW.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

''Okay so i walk like this,''Said the boy as he walked across the living room in Chatras Nuristan ''and then i press this button like this''Before any one could stop him he pressed the detonator.The blast killed seven men.''

In destitute places .... people do Stupid & destitute things ....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Obviously the stupid thing here was putting a working suicide vest on the kid. They must have forgotten the safety.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wait ok, I push this button?????

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Found it in a Yahoo News article from Time.

Taliban's Afghanistan Strategy: First, Take Nuristan

Earlier in May, an explosion rocked a house in the Nuristani village of Chatras, killing two Arab fighters thought to belong to al-Qaeda, two retired Pakistani soldiers, three local Talibs - and the 12-year-old boy they were drilling in the craft of suicide bombing. "After the instruction, they fitted the jacket on him," the Afghan official told TIME, "And he said, 'O.K., should I walk like this?' 'Yes, yes.' 'And I should press this button?' And he pressed the button and exploded."

Does anybody else wonder who was in attendance to report word for word the event?

new topics

top topics

join