It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winnipeg Jets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't know about some of you, but here I am, giddy as a schoolboy waiting to see the Jets, or whatever they will be called, play their first game. I have gotten tickets through my company, but whether my name will be drawn for the first game is yet to happen. I am extremely excited for the NHL to return to Winnipeg. We have an extremely large fan base, but i still wonder... after a few years, will we begin to not go to games anymore, and lose our team again? I was upset when I found out they were leaving, There were 25000 people in the streets protesting the leave, but guess what, those people SHOULD have gone to the damn games and supported the team. Thats what makes me mad about this team, Us winnipegers all love the Winnipeg jets and will not let it go, but not enough people supported it when it was here. *sigh*
I hope we smarten our asses up and keep the team here.
season tickets for 13000 seats sold out in 12 minutes so thats a great start, lets pray it continues.

GO JETS GO!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I would like to see Selanne playing in Winnipeg just one more time, even if it is on another team.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hear you, wouldn't that be something? He was great, and wasn't he a rookie of the year?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wish your city the best of luck. As far as names goes I saw a list of suggested names in the National Post last week, and I am still pulling for the Winnipeg Pooh;s (named after famed Pooh bear).

This would be classic, you would be famous on the road, and the news would be talking about your road games (and what the opposing team came up with to egg you on) for years! Don't pass up this opportunity!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

thanks for the wishes, appreciate it! I'm still praying for them to be called the Jets though. The Pooh's is interesting, but not very though sounding.

top topics

join