It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puyehue-Cordon Caulle Volcanic Eruption heats Nilahue River - Leads to Death of 4.5 million Fish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Standing on the bank, three residents of a small Chilean village watch as steam hauntingly rises from the local river.

With one using his camera to capture the spectacle, the grey-coloured water flows past, laced with stones and ash from the nearby volcano.

And the steam that hangs above the Nilahue River is caused by rocks spewing from the Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcanic eruption in the Andes of eastern Chillie.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The usually chilly river temperature of six degrees has been raised to an average of around 45 degrees by the eruption.

The eruption also forced the evacuation of 3,500 people from around the site, while a ten kilometre exclusion zone was also set up.

Flights have been cancled, and atleast 7 regional airports closed.

Thats alot of fish.

Not related to this, but I also heard its snowed in Africa, which is pretty bizarre. I wouldnt mind that here in Southern Californa.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Oozii because: Fix thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Don't you think the weather's been weird here in So Cal the past week? And yes, that's a lot of fish...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
With 4.5 million fish dead I'm thinking how bad that must smell. I'm curious as to how or if they needed to clean up all the dead fish.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
like what happened to the 800 metric tons of fish in Lake Taal after the recent stirrings at Taal volcanoe
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

new topics

top topics

join