It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Democrat's Take on Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm posting this here because I think the general theme on ATS (just my opinion) is Fox News is heavily, heavily biased in favor of political conservatisim and as such, by default, one of "them". So, a conspiracy of a general nature, not complicit in specific conspiracies.

An small snipet:

There have been two magazine pieces recently about Fox News that have made the argument that the News Channel is devoted primarily, if not entirely, to promoting Republican candidates and Republican talking points. And as a Fox News Democrat it struck me that there is a lot more to the story.

Check it out, I'd love to hear anyones' perspectives. Do you think Fox News is simpily an organ on the RNC, part of TPTB, implicit in furthering Bilderberg (sp?) goals, a government disinfo machine, or none of these?

Here's the link
edit on 10-6-2011 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

There have been two magazine pieces recently about Fox News that have made the argument that the News Channel is devoted primarily, if not entirely, to promoting Republican candidates and Republican talking points. And as a Fox News Democrat it struck me that there is a lot more to the story.

This is in no way directed to you OP but.................................
Yeah No DUH

Fox news is the mouth piece of The GOP

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Thanks for the reply!

I was hoping you'd take the time to read the article because the author, a democrat, essentially refutes that fairly stereotypical assertion.

P.S. Not suggesting YOU'RE stereotypical, or anything for that matter. I am saying that those who don’t like Fox News usually cite that very reason. Hence, what I would call a stereotypical rebuke of FN.
]
edit on 10-6-2011 by SlightlyAbovePar because: spelling errors and clarification

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What kills me is that this written about and published on FoxNews! Is this just a ploy?

The article reads like someone saying: "Sure I have black/gay friends". Well FoxNews is saying: "Ya, We got Democrats".

The last paragraph reads like a pure piece of propaganda.

The conclusion I reach is that the elite media continues to be befuddled by the success that Fox News enjoys in the ratings month after month, year after year. And the only way they can explain it is by ascribing it to some plot or plan or scheme. It’s neither. Its just good television organized by smart executives, whose political perspective may not be my own, but whose commitment to professionalism and excellence appears clear and unambiguous. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

"Elite media, #1 cable news show (which is true as far as I can tell), and the execs are swell!" So it must be a plot or scheme against FoxNews!

I'm not buying it! The author of the article is a very conservative Democrat in my opinion, not only serving Democrats in office but also served under Tony Blair and three Israeli PM's.

So I would not call Douglas E. Schoen a true blood Democrat.

Link

Edit to add: Yes, FoxNews is the mouthpiece of the GOP!

edit on 10-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
just as msnbc, cnn, and practically every other news outlet slants towards the liberals!

so what! haha you guys amuse me. perhaps your just jealous or upset that fox has the highest ratings

there are 4 points of view on every topic...

1. The conservative view
2. the liberal view
3. The way liberals think conservative view things
4. and the way conservatives think liberals view things.

look past the "bias" and listen to the issues people.

new topics

top topics

join