It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa Investigates Project Gunrunner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

President Obama is hiding behind big government in the hopes that a scandal will fade away.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R., Calif.) is set to issue a number of subpoenas to federal officials who have ties to “Fast and Furious,” a secret program run by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) that put thousands of semi-automatic firearms into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

Fast and Furious was a new addition to the ATF’s now-defunct “Project Gunrunner” program. It authorized (“pressed” is probably a more accurate word) U.S. gun stores located near the Mexican border to sell thousands of semi-automatic firearms to suspected and known straw-purchasers (those who buy guns for someone who can’t do so legally). The idea, apparently, was that the guns would lead the ATF to the heads of the cartels.

Dec. 14, 2010. That day, during a late-night shootout between the U.S. Border Patrol and armed Mexican illegals in a remote canyon near Nogales, Ariz., 41-year-old federal agent Brian Terry was shot and killed. killed with a gun the ATF allowed into the hands of known Cartel members... now heads will
roll...

I guess we'll have to wait to see how high up the ladder this shake out will take us...

Edit to add the link to the story.Read full story here
edit on 10-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

Companion article here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Sorry there DaddyBare.
I see an investigation starting but these things hardly go anywhere.
It will be shrouded "in the interest of national security" or to "help the Mexicans fight AlQuaeda!?".
Issa will be bought off as is done to all politicians and this issue will die with a nice and tidy cover story.
But I have definately been watching every bit of this story.
Star and flag.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Normally I would agree with ya... but there's something you dont know...
the NRA is quietly backing Issa and we both know as powerful special interest groups go the NRA is second only to AARP... this might go further then you and I think... still he'll never touch the top dogs....

new topics

join