It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no real democracy in the world currently, most of the world is horribly corrupt and ruled b

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am writing this topic based on my own observations, which are easily verifiable (google is your friend).

I live in the EU, and it seems that the current EU is rotten to the core, we have no real democracy, and everything is about corporate power.
The right wing parties in power are not right wing anymore, because right wing would mean a free market economy, where free competition is encouraged, and monopoly is discouraged.

This is not the best example, but take farms. Before the EU, we had lots of small farms, who had their own cows, and thus milk, butter, cheese..etc production. The new EU regulations made it impossible for small farms to remain profitable, so many small farms had to close, now everything is EU regulated, and only big farms (that are able to pay for the numerous licenses) are able to survive, how is this fair to the farmers or the consumers ? Would you trust products that come from your country, your local small farms that you can see and visit, or massive corporate machines that claim to be clean and hygienic ?

Now, power corrupts, and those in power will do anything to keep their power, this is one example of such corruption.

There are numerous other industries that are clear examples of this, take flying schools. Before, they were able to give almost any kind of training (Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, ATP.. etc). Now, most of those have closed or had to limit their activity to Private Pilot training only, because of bureaucratic EU regulations.

What kind of elite is currently ruling Europe, and where the hell did they come from, and how long will it take people to see and take action ?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Is this what you are talking about? And your right corporations control everything now and that's why the world is going to hell.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I remember that movie from back in the 70's..damn good movie, and I still recommend it to young people today.

It is a corrupt world, and maybe it always has been. Once it was the royal bloodlines ruling everywhere (and many still do), and I'm sure life wasn't pretty or fair for the poor working class.

edit on 9-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Yes my research seems to confirm this fact...How ever such things are still kept in shadows,the US is still the largest armed camp on the planet and they can't disarm us, Although they are always trying.
edit on 9-6-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: Grammatical error

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
reply to post by gabby2011

Yes my research seems to confirm this fact...How ever such things are still kept in shadows,the US is still the largest armed camp on the planet and they can't disarm us, Although they are always trying.
edit on 9-6-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: Grammatical error

and it may very well be those arms that are the death of you.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
They are quick to send in Independant Overseers for elections held in corrupt 3rd world countries.

How about the same for EU, UK, US, and the other corrupt '1st' World.

top topics

join