It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could they be rewiting history??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
or just hiding the truth for what i do not know but it does tick me off history should be be told in full not in bits and pieces like this www.cnn.com... from the link

. In spring 1775, Gen. Thomas Gage, the British military governor of Massachusetts, had one simple goal: Arrest the treasonous ringleaders of the "insurrection," political firebrand Samuel Adams and wealthy merchant John Hancock, and capture some hundred barrels of gunpowder hidden in Concord.
ok so that is part of it, the real reason was cannons as seen here www.nps.gov... from the link

In September of 1774, Boston Patriots brazenly stole four brass cannon right from under British guard. The cannons were smuggled out of Boston and added to the growing caches of Colonial arms.
the only things they got right was the date's and by who.
edit on 9-6-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

edit on 9-6-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

edit on 9-6-2011 by aceto because: too silly for me

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
the reason for this is what they are doing "Palin and the truth about Paul Revere" so should they not live up to this, the truth but they way they put it what is the truth, or will we just say ok what ever, is this not what got us in this mess in the first place? Saying what ever is just an easy way out and showing the lack of interest, well i have had enough time to say no more.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
As an Historian, I say YES! They are rewriting history. They are doing it purposely to deny people knowledge of their true heritage. The tactics the colonials used against the british are appropriate for study today. Among other things, they do not want us to even think about acquiring military grade weapons from the government. I need to look and see if they are editing and hiding the military philosophies of Ho Chi Mihn.

EDIT: A quick search shows that they discuss everything BUT his very successful tactics and strategies.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
These are thre people that took over the whole History writing education and publishing field in order to make progressive ideas a default choice for their victims.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 History told by an insider Carroll Quigley The Anglo-American Establishment

The Rhodes Scholarships, established by the terms of Cecil Rhodes’s seventh will, are known to everyone. What is not so widely known is that Rhodes in five previous wills left his fortune to form a secret society, which was to devote itself to the preservation and expansion of the British Empire. And what does not seem to be known to anyone is that this secret society was created by Rhodes and his principal trustee, Lord Milner, and continues to exist to this day. To be sure, this secret society is not a childish thing like the Ku Klux Klan, and it does not have any secret robes, secret handclasps, or secret passwords. It does not need any of these, since its members know each other intimately. It probably has no oaths of secrecy nor any formal procedure of initiation. It does, however, exist and holds secret meetings, over which the senior member present presides. At various times since 1891, these meetings have been presided over by Rhodes, Lord Milner, Lord Selborne, Sir Patrick Duncan, Field Marshal Jan Smuts, Lord Lothian, and Lord Brand. They have been held in all the British Dominions, starting in South Africa about 1903; in various places in London, chiefly 175 Piccadilly; at various colleges at Oxford, chiefly All Souls; and at many English country houses such as Tring Park, Blickling Hall, Cliveden, and others.

tangibleinfo.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

All you have to do is look at the educational texts they use to teach in school and compare them to the writing of the day. Of course they are trying to rewrite history.

All too often, in American schools, the American Revolution is mainly taught as a military campaign, with the root causes glossed over and Civil War is taught as a war against slavery but little else. Both of these conflicts have a lot more in the events that lead up, through the end of them than these simple summarizations. (Here I am a hypocrite as I like to summarize things myself, but never history)

Basic education in American is learned by rote, rather than critical thinking. Educators will fail a student who puts forth a rational argument against the educator’s viewpoint.

Eliminate tenure, make the educators compete to keep their jobs.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
so now that we agree that yes they are , what can be done?? make our own history books, web site, or ????? it would be nice to do it but then...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Buy copies of old history books and encyclopedias so that you have verifiable source material. Then do anything you can to disseminate the truth. Keep in mind that such actions are an actual declaration of war against the liberals and TPTB.

Remember the old adage: He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

top topics

join