It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government mandating access to private property in Cedar Falls!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

There is a big difference in being a part of an organized raid and every jerk on or off duty having acess to your home at any given time. There was no news about it and it has already passed. You tell me what their agenda is since you seem to know so much while your at it give them the key to your house3. I am not giving them anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is unreal. The daily release of news highlighting the accelerating loss of constitutionally protected rights is alarming at best. I particularly enjoy the city councils response that it is acceptable since the judiciary has not ruled that this is unconstitutional.

The amount of power grabbing that is occurring at the local, state, and national level is building rapidly and furiously and is a truly frightening trend.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

Remember this next time you want to rant about "big government" folks - this is small government in action. Fact of the matter is, the smaller a governing body is, the more autocratic it is and the less responsive to the governed it is.

City councils are about as small as you can get in government, and every single one I have ever seen is nothing but a nest of nepotistic favor-trading and bribery.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

I can't believe that this isn't getting more attention. This video was infuriating! This is clearly unconstitutional and I'm amazed that the people speaking here are not reacting in a more emotional way. If I lived there I'd be telling those fascists where they can stick their lockboxes.

If the people of Cedar Falls don't vote these communists out in the next election then they deserve everything they get. I have no sympathy for stupid sheep, but what scares me is that if this succeeds, then it will no doubt spread to other cities around the country.

I wonder how much the lockbox manufacturer contributed to the campaigns of those sleezebags.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I couldn't agree more. I lived in a town of 8000 people and the blatant corruption that took place right in front of everyone at the town meetings was mind boggling. The outcome was all pre-planned and the meeting just a dog and pony show filled with politicians' friends and family members.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What I do not understand is why the citizens of Cedar Falls, did not go out immediately and start a drive to remove the entire city council from office. To hold an election to force them to be replaced, and if the sitting council did not comply, to take them to court at the same time to demand their resignation if not possible criminal charges against them and the ordiance that they presented. Tie them up legally where it would pretty much make their jobs inept. Are they just sitting there taking it or standing up for their rights?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join