It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Dragged Out Of Bed (a friends dream);

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey there everyone,

I would really appreciate your analysis / translation / opinion of the dream that I'm about to share with you. Dream analysis is not my forte and this is a dream that a friend of mine had last week ... and she was wondering what (if anything) it may have meant. I told her I would run it by you guys as I know some of you are quite expert at this kind of thing.

>>>Phenex's Dream

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I don't normally interpret dreams since I don't dream as much anymore but I'll try.
From what I got out it, she's tired in her own home and there's a bunch of people in her house throwin what seems to be a wild party.
Now, the naked man with the stub; you said that she reminded her of her Ex, so regardless of what he looks like the "stub-tailed man" most likely represents some characteristic of her Ex. (most likely a negative quality or action).
The girls: well, they're wandering around somebody's house without pants when other people are there. I'm gonna label them as the symbol of moral degredation of the youth, maybe.
The Baby: a symbol for innocence in an obviously not-so-innocent situation.
Maybe the fear and dark presence at the end of the dream is a result of rejecting innocence (taking the baby downstairs with all the weirdness).

That's all I could think of. I'm not exactly Joseph with his thechnicolor coat but that's how I see it.
Good luck with that though.
Peace!
edit on 9-6-2011 by TheFuzzMonster because: I forgot "them"

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The naked man represents change. Is she struggling in her life with a major or important decision of some kind? The reason the naked man reminds her of her ex is because she is scared of making the change, because the last time she had to make a decision of this magnitude it involved her ex-husband. The reason the man is naked is because the change or decision she needs to make is obvious, but she doesn't want to admit that to herself.

The reason she is being drug out of her bed is because she has to force herself to make the change, whatever it is. The house, kids, and all of the other stuff is probably irrelevant. Dreams are tricky, because most of the content of them are irrelevant... in order to figure out what your dream is about you need to sift through all of the meaningless and irrelevant content and find the relevant content.

Or...... she needs to stop watching scary movies. That's my two cents.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Oh you're very good ... this could well be a winner.

I'm going to give her a link to this thread ... not sure whether she'll post or not but I think she'll understand the relevence of your comments.

Thank-you very much.
Woody

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thankyou for your replys, the 2nd post is almost spot on about my past and my present situation! I may find the strength to do something about it 1 day

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
IMO the only thing I can interpret is when you are saying the girl is hanging with the duvet and being scared. This is from what I think the beginning of her awakening but her ego keeps on trying to hold her from it. Maybe I am wrong but it is how I see it.

Thruthseek3r

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Dear Woodwytch,
I have been a member of this site for a while now, but mostly I lurk.
Although I have a great interest in the paranormal,I do not claim any great ghost or para experiences for myself.Have had a couple of vague premonitions,lots of deja vu experiences,and possibly a spirit or two trying to communicate,if I admit it to myself,but it always freaks me out when I get that feeling someone/something seems to be there and I tell them to go away until the feeling leaves me,coward that I am.But then it could be my imagination,nothing definative has presented itself.I do consider myself an open minded person,and am a seeker to learn of life's more meta aspects,but claim no religious/spiritual affiliations.
The reason why I am reaching out to you is that I had one of those IMPORTANT dreams last night.Normally,I remember fragments, sometimes enough to look them up in the dream dictionary and sort the symbology out,but this one feels like there is more to it than that,that the people involved are more than just symbols,the feeling were so real,and I was wondering if you could give me insight into my questions.I am not sure which thread I will put this in,I do not have enough posts to create my own,so please do not think I am trying to derail said thread.Please bear with me,as it is going to take a couple of posts to tell it all..
In my dream,I am back in my childhood home area, which is rural, pretty.My father is there,but not my Mom(Kinda figures,they divorced when I was small). I was talking to my Dad,wrestling over some problem,maybe complaining a bit,while we're strolling around the yard(my Dad's fave habit).My Dad told me to go see my next door neighbor,Betty,who was like a second mom to me when I was a child.So I trot through the bit of woods that separate our two houses and go see her.She seems busy,but tells me that she had
something for me.She presents me with a ring on a long silver chain.The ring itself I believe was silver(that's kind of confusing because sometimes it seemed gold too,but b/c it was very old, tarnished in the crevices of the metalwork,and we know gold does not tarnish,but then maybe it was just dust of the ages),and set with three oval emeralds,set lengthwise.Betty told me that the ring belonged to my grandmother and that she had held it in safekeeping for me until I was ready. I put the chain on and admire the ring now hanging on my neck.It felt very special as my grandmother had passed, but then Betty said to come back later as my grandmother was coming to visit me.
Now,I want to backtrack to the real world....my mom was adopted as a small child,was raised by an older couple of Scots ancestry, and there is some confusion as to my heritage. She had met her bio mom in her 30's, but never met her bio dad.Bio mom said that they were of Euro/Spanish origin,but this I have come to doubt as I am from the Maritimes, and there were not many Spanish present. From my mom's and my own coloring, I think that I am of European and Native American ancestry, as there is a large reserve close by,but due to racism of not so long ago, this is not admitted.
Returning to my dream,time flips forward and I am back at Betty's,it is evening and I am at a barn with horses, and other animals.I remember one horse in particular,we seemed very fond of each other,but in reality, Betty never had a barn with animals in it.Also in this barn were some NA's, dressed in traditional deerskins.In particular I remember a very handsome,N.A., bare chested man,and a lovely N.A.woman in her fourties.The woman told me that she was my grandmother that had passed before I was born,and I can't remember the relationship to the man,but it seemed O.K. to mentally drool over him,lol.We talk for a few min.,ecstatic to be together,and she
tells me she is pleased that I have the ring,it was for me and will help me,then we get to the point.She asks me why I needed her.I explain that I have had the experience of spontaneously flying,but that I get scared and cannot control it,because I do not want to hurt myself,and haven't felt my feet leave the ground for a while because of this fear,but I really DO want to learn.She smiles,nods,and gives me something to eat,saying that it will help.It was red and I believe the main ingredient was cranberries.I eat it all, and she takes me outside where it is now late afternoon.
......Continued in next post....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In a field,with her and several others watching,I spontaneously rise from the ground and start hurtling through the air, uncontrolled and scared.She calls to me and I feel the lurch in my stomach as I quickly descend to her,but I manage not to hurt myself as I land beside her.She calms me,smiling,and tells me that I CAN control it,and to RUN and leap.Sudddenly,I am 30 feet or so away from her and I run full tilt towards her,but as I reach her and go to leap,my fear gets the better of me and I stutter to a halt.Sternly,she tells me that I can do it,and to get rid of my fear. Again, I am some distance away and I run towards her again, this time leaping about 20 feet,and I am flying,in terror and ecstacy.It is uncontrolled, but she shouts at me to think..that I can do it! My flying evens out and I am in control, gliding off of the ground. I start to go very high,which was scary,but I remember that I am in control so I bank down and fly about 5 feet off the ground.I am rapidly approaching a fence and get scared that I am going to run into it,but realize that I am in control and rise up enough to clear it.Gaining confidence from this,I go higher and fly around above everyone,then circle over the road where I see some modern teens walking on the road,having just got off a schoolbus.
They stare in amazement as I glide by above them and I am watching them below. I look up and see that I am going to run into the treeline,briefly panic,then rise above it,just clearing the trees.Thinking that that is enough for the moment,I circle back and land next to grandmother.
Everyone is excited and talking,I cannot remember all of what was said,but eventually she hugged me and told me that it was going to be O.K.,and told me to practice after they leave.They(the N.A's) fade away and I am in the field with the horse that I adore.I remember thinking that it was going to be great, and after I get really good,I can travel the world,maybe riding the horse.I practice for a while,getting braver,flying higher,but eventually it is starting to get dark and I can't see very well.Not wanting to run into stuff,and wanting more practice before I go too high,I land by the horse and hop onto his back,we ride around for a while, totally in tune,before the dream fades and another starts, which I remember parts of, I think the N.A guy I was drooling over was in this one,but in a different male form.There was flying also,but the first dream was the important one.
It leaves me wondering...was she an ancestor of mine? Was she a spirit guide? Or both? I think both,and if so I am glad to have finally met her.I think the male is tied to me in some way,maybe as a another guide,but it is more vague. And what about the horse? Could it be a totem animal?I remember thinking that having the ring and eating the berries were part of the reason I was sucessful in my flight,but was not/am not sure how.I am

hoping you can give me some insights into this experience, and if it is not your area of expertise, then maybe you could direct me to another helpful member.
Anyways,it seemed a beautiful,significant dream,as I had flown in dreams before,but always with panic,but I have a sneaky feeling hat I can lucid dream flying from now on...can't wait to try it!
Thank you for taking the time to read of my experience,and if nothing else,I am happy to share such a great experience with other ATS'ers.
Namaste.

new topics

top topics

join