It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning Comet Elenin, Worst to Come From Comet Elenin in October This Year?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Once again, those who think comet Elenin will have ANY impact on the earth, or any other part of our solar system are just plain wrong, uninformed, or basically refuse to believe the truth , because they despise scientific authority.

Go to any legitimate scientific web site , forum or blog and you will find out why.

Comet Elenin is a whimpy comet as comets go, and may not even put on a display you will see without the aid of binoculars. It is a fact, pure and simple.

This synopsis by a JPL astrophysicist is really all you need to read anyway...

Do you really think that people of this caliber are lying to you? Perhaps you should analyze why you feel this way rather than expending all of the time and effort trying to make something out of this that has absolutely no scientific foundation.

Wow, this is getting so ridiculous - some of you really need to get a grip, as there are so many REAL problems in this world that require the mental attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

interesting point of view, did you see my further posts, such as the seismicity paper reviewing elenin and planetary alignments concerning earthquakes mag 6 and above? very interesting stuff there

as well as the other videos i posted here (not so much the third eagle videos, i know those might be too far fetched for you)

anyways, other than the original post ( which now seems archaic ) check out my other posts in this thread, as i cannot edit the original post to reflect updates

thanks and post back after you've caught up, tell me what you think
edit on 6/12/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
interesting point of view, did you see my further posts, such as the seismicity paper reviewing elenin and planetary alignments

1. Its not really a "paper" as such. The arxiv site is an "open" site, in so much that pretty much any kook with a dumb idea can write up a document and put it there. Because it is hosted on a "real" university webserver, some people think that the documents hosted there have some kind of credibility. Some do, some dont. You can write one yourself if you like.

2. The "paper" postulates a new idea - that of the "georesonator" concept that the author just made up. He states that earthquakes have NOTHING to do with geology and it is ALL about astronomical alignments.

3. To prove his idea, he cherry picks data that fit his idea, and throws away data that doesnt work.
In his own words...
The sun participated in 18 alignments, the Mercury in 9, the Venus in 5, the Moon in 5,
the Jupiter in 6, the Elenin in 3, the Saturn in 3, the Uranus in 2, and the Neptune in 1.
The Mars and the Pluto played no role.

In other words, find an earthquake and see if there were ANY alignments that fit. If his argument had any credibility at all, he should be able to explain why Mars has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER, and the biggest planet, Jupiter, has a smaller effect than tiny tiny Mercury.

4. The answer is simple - because the outer planets move slower than the inner planets, one would expect to see by chance that the planets closer to the sun have a bigger chance of being in some kind of alignment by chance on any given day.
And thats what we see.
The further out you go, the less "effect" there tends to be. Like you'd expect by chance.
And like chance, its not a hard and fast law (see how Mars doesnt work at all), but just a random tendency.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Sorry pal, but I think you are the one that needs to catch up.

If you think that a comet of this minuscule size, passing anywhere near this planet causes any seismic activity, then you need to re-read what I posted.

There is not a bonafide scientist on this earth that would support any of your conjectures, and if you still think that this is a possible reality, then just keep living in a delusion. That is ok to.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Earthquakes due to Elenin? Is that a joke? The sun exerts many magnitudes of gravitational forces on the Earth, and THAT doesn't cause earthquakes. Why would this comet cause them? Haley did not cause earthquakes.

Earthquakes happen EVERY DAY.

Nothing is going to happen.. relax. We'll blow ourselves up long before a heavenly event does.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

i am only adding speculation, not living in a delusion. that was a little uncalled for, but it's just the internet.

i too wonder how a small body such as this comet could have any real gravitational effect like that, but at the same time it doesn't matter.

the secret societies that influence this planet have a certain way of moving with the planetary bodies. if haarp earthquakes are real you can bet they are timed by celestial alignments, in which case following these alignments is still noteworthy.

June 27 Dwarf Star crosses Mars orbit. 1.789 AU from Earth.

July 7 Saturn, Dwarf Star and Sun are in alignment where Saturn should show signs of the dwarf star assuming polarity control. 1.74 AU from Earth. Saturn Diagram

Aug 3 Dwarf Star crosses Earth orbit and Earth reaches Dwarf Star perigee orbit angle position. 1.489 AU from Earth.

Aug 21 Dwarf Star crosses Venus orbit. 1.198 AU from Earth.

Sept 11 Dwarf Star reaches perigee position at Mercury orbit. 0.708 AU from Earth.

Sept 19 Dwarf Star equidistant from Sun And Earth. 0.523 AU from Earth.

Sept 26 Dwarf Star passes between Sun and Earth for second alignment for anticipated Geological Pole Shift Event. Second Alignment. 0.396 AU from Earth.

Oct 2 Dwarf Star at Venus orbit. 0.316 AU from Earth.

Oct 17 Dwarf Star at Earth orbit and nearest position. 0.232 AU from Earth @ 21.57 million miles.

Nov 14 Dwarf Star crosses Mars orbit. 0.46 AU from Earth.

Nov 22 Dwarf Star, Earth and Sun alignment for Pole Shift Reversal Event. Third Alignment 0.58 AU from Earth.

i guess that's all i can say on the subject for now and it'd be best to just watch, of course those dates are subject to change due to Elenin speeding up and slowing down... which is strange.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Comet Elenin will sweep past Earth in late 2011. NASA’s Don Yeomans says its passage is nothing unusual and no dramatic events are expected.

It seems that the closest this will come to earth is 22 million miles.

For some reason astronomers don’t understand, this comet has been associated by doomsdayers with various prophecies (“Thirst and famine when the comet will pass.” – Nostradamus: Century 2, Quatrain 62). Yet it is only an ordinary comet after all. At its closest point, Elenin will pass 35 million kilometers (22 million miles) from us, or nearly 100 times the moon’s distance, according to Don Yeomans of NASA’s Near-Earth Object Program Office at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. He said:

This comet is also comparably smaller to other spotted, and it's mass make up is not dense enough to cause any effects here on earth.

Comet Elenin will not only be far away, it is also on the small side for comets. And comets are not the most densely-packed objects out there. They usually have the density of something akin to loosely packed icy dirt. So you’ve got a modest-sized icy dirtball that is getting no closer than 35 million kilometers. It will have an immeasurably miniscule influence on our planet. By comparison, my subcompact automobile exerts a greater influence on the ocean’s tides than comet Elenin ever will.

It appears that the comet will be at it's closest on October 16 at 22 million miles. So I am wondering if wild Elenin claims will taper off and die after the 16th of October? What do you think?

Don Yeomans with the truth about Comet Elenin

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join