It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Will Bring Violent Storms And Tornadoes, NASA Predicts: from 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

ScienceDaily (Aug. 31, 2007) — NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
NASA scientists have developed a new climate model that indicates that the most violent severe storms and tornadoes may become more common as Earth's climate warms. ... The central and eastern areas of the United States are especially prone... In the warmer climate simulation there is a small class of the most extreme storms with both strong updrafts and strong horizontal winds at higher levels that occur more often, and thus the model suggests that the most violent severe storms and tornadoes may become more common with warming. www.sciencedaily.com...

This study also remarks on the increase and strength of wildfire outbreaks in the U.S. - as have now occurred this year and are still raging - especially in Arizona.

And the IPCC's second report had a consensus of scientists who theorized these outbreaks as well - but they did not have the models completed that would support this in the 1990's as has been established now.

Repeatedly, the Climate Change models developed by scientists are proving themselves as factual. The only discrepancy that I have seen over the past 12 years is the speed and harshness in which on the ground events are occurring compared to the Climate Change timelines.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hmm, My intuition has been telling me that earth will continue to experience significant weather patterns, as I've been watching this pattern as early as 2008.

I feel my intuition is far more credible than NASA. But my advice is, stock up, be prepared, and help out those who need it most, because this could happen to a town near you!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

I feel my intuition is far more credible than NASA. But my advice is, stock up, be prepared, and help out those who need it most, because this could happen to a town near you!

Really? You think a gut feeling based on all of your preconceived perceptions is more accurate than scientific insturments and data? Narcissism at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Its seems as if were at the begining of the shtf. I'm at my grandfathers house he's 72 and has fox news and the weather channel on 24/7 its ridiculous. He says he's never seen anything like what's happening right now. Volcanos, floods, wildfires, tornados, earthquakes.. Did I miss anything?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
reply to post by Stratus9

Its seems as if were at the begining of the shtf. I'm at my grandfathers house he's 72 and has fox news and the weather channel on 24/7 its ridiculous. He says he's never seen anything like what's happening right now. Volcanos, floods, wildfires, tornados, earthquakes.. Did I miss anything?

What kills me is that every single major media news story or news program continuously says ONE thing in EVERY story in one way or another:

This is all normal - this has happened before - that's not a big #ing train ready to run you down- just relax everyone!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is all normal. It has happened before. We just have never seen it.

In our little blip of time that we spend on this rock hurtling through space is but a mere fraction of a fraction of a fraction that these events have been taking place.

In has only been in the last little but that the news was instantly on top of things, if were not watching the storm or event destroy the place then we are watching the highlights and cleanup. We are exposed to much much more in our day and time and we see things real time.

Ours is the first generation that has had the ability to do these things. Absolutely this has been a bad year so far, I would never say otherwise, but, the has been bad years before, thats were the previous records came from. At one point our species was at the brink of extinction from the changes the Earth was going through.

At one point for thousands of years there was no sunlight because of the amount of volcanic activity.

We are just being informed that we are not as powerful as we think. We have known for years that these things are a possibility. Japan is in a earthquake zone, I mean they invented the word Tsunami, there are tornados in the U.S. every year, as with Canada, and it has been known throughout history that the mississippi floods. We also know that the west coast is overdue for a large quake, when it happens it is to be expected. Same with yellowstone, it overdue. That does not mean the worlds coming to an end or we are all going to die.

Humans are very versatile, we have conquered every climate the Earth has thrown at as. I'm not as worried about the Earth killing us as much as I am that we are going to kill ourselves.

In 1987 they had an f5 tornado through Edmonton which is our capital city in my province. Never happened before and was one of the biggest disasters in Canadian history.

Sh!t happens, plan for it and prepare, what more can you do?

Pred...

top topics

join