It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghetto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

What you said i found interesting, personally i have found expressing your belief with other people strange. Maybe because i feel its more of a personal relationship one which we all share but uniquely and profoundly different to all. That's why not everyone gets it when you explain a religious experience to them because its only for you. Instead of angry you should feel blessed all those people who are destroying your topic or thread are the people who just don't know maybe they haven't had the chance you had or been given an understanding of faith that god gave you maybe just maybe its his way of showing you?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
What you said i found interesting, personally i have found expressing your belief with other people strange. Maybe because i feel its more of a personal relationship one which we all share but uniquely and profoundly different to all. That's why not everyone gets it when you explain a religious experience to them because its only for you. Instead of angry you should feel blessed all those people who are destroying your topic or thread are the people who just don't know maybe they haven't had the chance you had or been given an understanding of faith that god gave you maybe just maybe its his way of showing you?

It's a blessing to be discriminated against here at ATS? Jesus did say that we are blessed if we suffer for doing the right thing and staying true to the faith, but what has that to do with how ATS treats its members? I'm not talking about the whole world here, but a problem of uneven moderation in this board. I'm pretty sure that most anti-Christians would not feel blessed to be told just to ignore any attacks or discrimination against them. What ATS says about all members without distinction should be put into practice fairly.

Differences of opinion are fine; spewing hate and trolling people who disagree with you is not. Either ATS has a policy against trolling and off-topic tirades or it doesn't. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
A price to pay, whether through the usual "Christophobial" responses or official ATS action.

Christians are NOT the only group that gets negative responses.
Atheists are told they're going to hell.
Birthers and truthers are told they're delusional.
People are criticized FOR THEIR POSITIONS, regardless their positions.
Why should Christians be treated any differently?

Not good enough for what, my personal observation? Did I say I was trying to prove anything?

You made the statement that you are being treated badly by ATS (mods) because you are a Christian and you sited "personal experience". All I'm asking for is an example. A few vague accusations aren't enough for me to believe that you are actually being persecuted.

In the "A Message" thread, an admitted and proud Satanist posted some vile "I hate you" tirade, and nothing was done.

Please Link to the Post. I have read through the thread and didn't see the post you're talking about. People are going to disagree with you. That doesn't mean they hate you. No one said "I hate you" in that thread. And what if someone does? Can you not handle being told that someone hates you?

You really should consider what I said in my last post. All this "the moderators are on the atheists' side" is really kind of silly and self-pitying. The moderation here is the fairest I've ever seen and I know we have several religious moderators, so I think your perceptions are off.

See the sequence? TOC violation goes untouched, Christian complains, Christian is penalized.

That's absurd! I see no T&C violation. But your one-liner is definitely an issue. You should know that a single line post calling someone a troll is going to get docked. See? You are just as hateful and mean as anyone else in that thread. Yet you don't mention that or perhaps don't even see it. You get in arguments with other members, throw as many punches, above and below the belt as they do and then complain that they're being mean... NOW is the time to talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Another hostile off-topic comment was quickly made. No response from the mod.

What is "hostile" or "off topic" is decided by the mods. What YOU (or I) think is hostile or off topic may not be actionable. I have made complaints where nothing was done. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Be a grown up about it. I dare say that if the mods took action in that thread against the other member, they would be obligated to take similar action against you for your attacks on atheists. It's a two-way street and I'm not sure you realize that. If you're going to complain about other people being hateful, you really should look at your own behavior carefully.

We're not asking for privileges, and I'm talking about ATS, remember? I'm asking for equality, not superiority.

I don't think so. You didn't report yourself in that thread, did you? It's like you don't see when YOU get close to the line. You called people psychotic, obsessed and hypocritical, passive aggressive, arrogant, lazy and trolls.... Did you get dinged for ANY of that?

If you're going to play on the ATS playground, you have to be a big boy or girl and learn to TAKE it as well as you GIVE it. You are proficient at doling out the insults toward people who disagree with you, but you cannot take the same in return. Grow a thick skin, learn to ignore WITHOUT an Ignore Button and carry on.

You are not being persecuted. You are imagining things.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Christians are NOT the only group that gets negative responses.
Atheists are told they're going to hell.
Birthers and truthers are told they're delusional.
People are criticized FOR THEIR POSITIONS, regardless their positions.
Why should Christians be treated any differently?

Show me where Christians are hounding, trolling, overwhelming other threads. In fact, there's a rant about not getting enough hateful PM's from Christians! Ignoring the obvious bias in ATS against Christians is your right.

You made the statement that you are being treated badly by ATS (mods) because you are a Christian and you sited "personal experience". All I'm asking for is an example. A few vague accusations aren't enough for me to believe that you are actually being persecuted.

I already knew that if the example I gave wasn't going to be good enough, nothing would be.

I have read through the thread and didn't see the post you're talking about. People are going to disagree with you. That doesn't mean they hate you. No one said "I hate you" in that thread. And what if someone does? Can you not handle being told that someone hates you?

link. And still missing the point: it's against ATS policy to threaten harm.

That's absurd! I see no T&C violation. But your one-liner is definitely an issue. You should know that a single line post calling someone a troll is going to get docked.

Whatever. And there are plenty of one-liners that aren't docked, but I'm sure you'll say "well they can't catch all of them".

What is "hostile" or "off topic" is decided by the mods...

That's the problem. And speaking of pots and kettles...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

OK. Go ahead and continue to think that you're being unfairly treated. I hope you get the sympathy and special treatment that you're looking for, but I doubt you will.

Take care.
edit on 6/7/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

OK. Go ahead and continue to think that you're being unfairly treated. I hope you get the sympathy and special treatment that you're looking for, but I doubt you will.

Go ahead and dismiss all evidence that doesn't lead to a conclusion you like. I hope you also bring your crusade against people who allegedly want sympathy to your Mad buddy who ranted about not getting enough hateful PMs from Christians. That would prove to everyone how unbiased you are. While you're at it, how about hitting up ATS to dispense with the Rant section completely, since they all must be after attention? There, now you have a mission.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join