It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro Biotics, why ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You know ever since I've started seeing all these advertisements on Pro Biotics I've been skeptical, I mean almost to the point of paranoia....

I mean, we live in a world that prone anti bacterial soaps, detergents, hand cleansers, we have hepa filters on our vacuums, in our cars and everywhere else. We are a society driven to eliminate all the germs in our lives.....And then....Pro biotics come along...." Eat these lab germs, they're good for you! " WHAT ???? You ( mass marketers, Governments, big corp.) want me to destroy all natural germs that are essential for my immune system and you want me to eat your germs that are completely fabricated in YOUR labs ??!!!??!!! Hummm...I don't think so.

I like my immune system to fight off whatever I catch in the most natural way possible, what would I want to interfere with thousands of years of human evolution???

My health is in my hands, I decide what I put in my body.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The only time I will use pro-biotics to regenerate my stomach and intestinal bacteria cultures is when I take anti-biotic medication which has the effect of killing all of the good bacteria there (along with the bad bacteria).

I highly suggest taking pro-biotics with anti-biotics. Anti-biotics can lead to severe stomach and intestinal disorders that suck very bad. Pro-biotics merely lower the odds of this going bad.

Just ask your local pharmacist, he/she will agree with this information that it is a good idea and it is widely known.

A lot of people take pro-biotics for other reasons, but I don't bother with it unless I actually need it (anti-biotic medications).

Pro-biotics are not really very dangerous either, and can typically be bought OTC without a prescription.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think pro-biotics were implemented to counter all the anti-biotics out there, to restore our intestinal bacteria. I agree with you though that it seems quite unnatural and probably not tested over long periods of time so who knows. They say these things help you and eat the bad stuff... well what happens when they bad stuff is all gone, do they start eating parts of you? I just don't like the concept of ingesting any parasitic bacteria on purpose.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I just don't like the concept of ingesting any parasitic bacteria on purpose.

Me either! But I do take them after anti-biotics or after having a stomach bug.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Humm..I never thought about the anti-biotics thing...Sound good. But still I very very rarely take anti-biotic medication. A friend of mine with Crones disease takes pro-biotics and she said it makes all the difference in the world for her.

I don't know, I guess I don't have a real need for it so I don't take it but it seems truly odd to me to ingest what the mass market sells me when it comes to "tinkering" with my body like that !!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It's just another trend, it will die off has soon as a firm pays for bad research when they will have a new trend to bring to the market.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

There are completely natural forms of probiotics.
Every now and again I'll have a completely organic Kumbacha. Not all probiotics are produced in a lab...

Yogurt, cottage cheese have natural live cultures and this bacteria assists in digestion they line your intestines. So by consuming probiotics in an organic and natural way you are in no way interfering with the intended design...
edit on 6-6-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Personally I never ever use pro biotic products, the flora, and fauna of my gut is in perfect balance anyway, regardless of whether I have used anti biotics, and I never have any digestive issues, I did let my kids have those probiotic drinks once upon a time, but noticed they got sick soon after they stopped having them.

I don't think its a good idea to mess with what is there naturally, and I feel the same way about anti bacterial cleaning products, because again, not long after the bottle runs out my kids get sick, you have to ea a peck of dirt before you die, but no one knows just how big a peck is, but its what I live by, and doesn't do any of us any harm.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

There are completely natural forms of probiotics.
Every now and again I'll have a completely organic Kumbacha. Not all probiotics are produced in a lab...

Yogurt, cottage cheese have natural live cultures and this bacteria assists in digestion they line your intestines. So by consuming probiotics in an organic and natural way you are in no way interfering with the intended design...
edit on 6-6-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

Natural probiotics are the way to go for sure. I didn't even know they had synthesized artificial products?

But yeah, the information you provided is true to my knowledge, yogurt is probably the best source.

edit on 6-6-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
I don't know, I guess I don't have a real need for it so I don't take it but it seems truly odd to me to ingest what the mass market sells me when it comes to "tinkering" with my body like that !!!

Yeah if you don't 'need' it, save it for those who do need it.

Also, I agree 100% with your hesitancy to take anything the pharmaceutical corporations pump out at us. I just don't trust anything they make these days, and for good reason. Too much contaminations, too many additives or preservatives, too much chemical processing, etc. The reasons are endless because they keep piling up every day.

The pharmaceutical corporations are the only ones I consider worse than big oil. Big oil just sells fuel and wars in a few nations; meanwhile pharmacorp sells life and death worldwide in all nations.

But I don't blame you one bit. I won't take their crap either. I'd rather find an herbal remedy that the actual medicines were synthesized from in the first place and take my chances that way. Playing roulette with pharmacorp is insane, they got the chambers loaded and they just don't look like good odds.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

A big problem is that most peoples bacterial gut balance is out of whack. With a proper diet it should be I. Balance, but not many consume a proper diet.

I recently started taking probiotics, and notice a difference, shall I say, every morning .

One thing that many don't know, is that many neurotransmitters are actually created in the gut, not the brain.

Many psychological disorders can be cured by curing the gut

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Interestingly enough I have many theories in this area regarding health and nutrition. I personally believe that even clean and good food is best consumed in moderation.

Having spent most of my life body building and staying in above average physical health I noticed that "exercise" is NOT exclusive to muscle tissue. Exercising the kidneys and liver is just as important. Without poisions to filter they become less efficient at doing so if/when they do need to filter poisons. With physical exercise you can overdo it and cause damage so there is a point/threshold that it goes from beneficial to damaging, this goes for the kidneys/liver/heart etc as well.

Balance is achieved when you can fully comprehend or understand both sides of the "balance beam" whatever it may be.

its finding the threshold of when something goes from good to bad for each individual person.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Personally I never ever use pro biotic products, the flora, and fauna of my gut is in perfect balance anyway, regardless of whether I have used anti biotics, and I never have any digestive issues, I did let my kids have those probiotic drinks once upon a time, but noticed they got sick soon after they stopped having them.

I don't think its a good idea to mess with what is there naturally, and I feel the same way about anti bacterial cleaning products, because again, not long after the bottle runs out my kids get sick, you have to ea a peck of dirt before you die, but no one knows just how big a peck is, but its what I live by, and doesn't do any of us any harm.

Unfortunatley what once was natural and kept our digestion, and intestinal issues in check are no longer natural. Most peoples good bacteria and bugs are nearly non existant due to the large of amount of processed dead food. Even the fruits and veggies we eat are dead for the most part. They are treated with isotopes to keep them fresh longer on the stand and in the trucks that ship them. Just notice the large amounts of food allergies cropping up.

Most certainly stay away from the lab produced probiotics. They are a joke. The only way to get true probiotics without messing with your system is to get them in the raw form either from young green coconuts, or in a raw accidopholus supplement. Liquid is best. It would be better to stay away from the milk cultured probiotics if you could but not necessary.

Just a little food for thought. Just make sure not to toss the baby out with the bath water, so to speak. Just because the pharma companies grabbed ahold of the idea doesn't mean its a scam.
edit on 6-6-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

edit on 7-6-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

Still will never trust pro biotics .

2nd line
edit on 7-6-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by solargeddon because: Forgot to add typos, and 2nd line for edits

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

There's good reason NOT to trust Pro-biotoics. Why would anybody supplement with these products when there's absolutely no evidence in scientific literature that they even work??!?!

(there are some instances of people who have been taking antibiotics for a lifetime that show a slight benefit)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

When you are taking antibiotics and probiotics, be sure NOT to take them together.
Take them at least two hours after the antiobiotics....so the antibiotics don't kill the new cultures.

top topics

join