It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really weird symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hubby came home from work Wed night (regular time) really sick he said he could not eat anything and had the diarrhea his eyes were so dry he got a cold wash cloth and kept it over his eyes, I also had to keep dropping eye drops in them. He was feeling achy too but he kept complaing about his eyes.
Then he went to work on Thursday and had to leave work early this is not something hubby does, 31 yrs of marriage he only had come home early from work for illness twice. He was having the cramping, muscle aches. chilling then burning up but this is without any fever and now his back is killing him. His condition seems to keep deteriorating. Anybody know what all those symptoms together might mean. He is not coughing or acting like he has the cold or flu. The eye dryness and burning went away but now my son who also worked at the same place seems to have started this first symptom as well, this morning before he left for work I had to give him the eyedrops and his eyes were very red just like his Dad's.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Are they government workers by any chance?? If not then maybe there is black mold or asbestos or something, i'd start googling health issues in the workplace, there's many health risks that corporate offices don't a) either know about or b) just don't care....

I wish I could help... have you given him chinese herbal tea?? green tea and mint tea, i'm not trying to be all fluffy but chinese medicine seems to always work... My eyes were itchy last week but it's because I had sun tan oil in them I couldn't open them for hours... but eye drops did work...

google health risks in the workplace...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Are they government workers by any chance?? If not then maybe there is black mold or asbestos or something, i'd start googling health issues in the workplace, there's many health risks that corporate offices don't a) either know about or b) just don't care....

I wish I could help... have you given him chinese herbal tea?? green tea and mint tea, i'm not trying to be all fluffy but chinese medicine seems to always work... My eyes were itchy last week but it's because I had sun tan oil in them I couldn't open them for hours... but eye drops did work...

google health risks in the workplace...

No hubby is a welder, and son just started work there so he is cleaning stuff for awhile, hubby went to the doctor who is a quack(long story but he told my brother he had a deep bruise in his hip after an x-ray and that why he was experiencing pain, turns out he had prostate cancer and died at age 45) anyway hubby had to see someone to get an excuse for work and they were all booked up. Currently hubby is unable to even drank water, said his stomach hurt too bad, so even though we have no insurance (likes working there just a few weeks until the time is up for us to have insurance) we are off to the emergency room.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The only illness I have been able to find with those symptoms is Salmonella Poisoning.

Typical symptoms include watery or bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, throwing-up, fever, headache, chills, sweats, fatigue, and lack of appetite.

* You have a dry mouth; dry, wrinkled skin; dark urine, less urine than usual; dry eyes without tears ...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
The only illness I have been able to find with those symptoms is Salmonella Poisoning.

Typical symptoms include watery or bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, throwing-up, fever, headache, chills, sweats, fatigue, and lack of appetite.

* You have a dry mouth; dry, wrinkled skin; dark urine, less urine than usual; dry eyes without tears ...

Gosh I hope it was not my cooking. We finally went to the ER. He had went to the local quack who said Oh you are dehydrated and told him to drink water even though hubby told him that water or anything made his stomach burn and he could not even keep water down. So we go to the ER the doctor there did put him on IV fluids it took 4 attempts to get and IV going his veins had collapsed from dehydration, he also gave him meds in IV for nausea. He does not have a fever. They also did bloodwork, I've got to call tomorrow because they did not tell me what types of test they did just that it all came back normal. They did a urine test and it came back normal. It is a small hospital and they do not have anyone on staff to do an ultra sound of his gall bladder @ night,which might be the problem, hubby has persistant indigestion for the last few years.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm terribly sorry goose, theirs so many quacks out there that would just love to use you for alittle extra jing. An ultrasound would be a really good idea...
I wonder if it was your cooking, have you been keeping track of when he started acting sick? Do you remember what you cooked a few days before he got sick?

The weird thing I don't understand is his eyes burning and such.. That's really weird... I hope the ultrasound finds something, and keep us posted on what the doc said when you get the results...

Good luck and my prayers are with you...
*hugs*

top topics

join