It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA hiding Approaching doomsday event.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Did any one as already post this article?
I searched and couldn't find any thing related to that.
Any the article is there and if it was already posted then sorry...
______beforeitsnews/story/663/449/Claim:_NASA_Hiding_Approaching_Doomsday_Space_Event.html

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This was posted already and debunked for the most part. For future reference its a safe bet to assume anything from beforeitsnews is garbage.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Debunked? My arse it was.

Something wicked this way comes. To imagine that NASA doesn't know about it is ridiculous.
We have known of this coming event ever since the last time it happened.
Hold on to your hat Dorothy.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Wow, so much garbage gets thrown around

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Possibly debunked. I had a professor (Dr. Prather, University of Arizona) who said Nasa doesnt have any mad scientists but the military however has plenty.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Before it's news isn't news. Anyone can upload anything on there...

The only doomsday event that is probably coming is a global economic collapse. And all these bogus stories serve to do is distract the weak minded from that

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Is this why Voyager 2 send the false data back? It was announced in march 2010 or so and in July they come out with that. Good find OP

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What if they are ? What the f are you going to do about it ? Hmm, let's think......oh yes, nothing.
If's it's coming hurry up before I have another mental/emotional/psychological breakdown. I'm sick and tired of doom already.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Not sure if this relates, but last summer there was a news story on Yahoo which was only on for maybe an hour or so about an emergency meeting of Congress about the nation's power grids. I tried to find it later in the day and it was gone. Now, it may have turned out to be untrue or a hoax or something, but it was really odd.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hubby & I decided that when we see on the news that most of the NASA's top brass has abandoned their jobs to visit family and drink mai tai's on the beach, we'll worry. Otherwise, I find this all a bit ... out there.

If you had certain knowledge that earth would be destroyed, would you keep hanging around work? Or would you go do something IMPORTANT? FUN?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Calm down. No-one is hiding anything and it isn't the end of the world. The voyager probes have discovered that we are passing through an interstellar cloud of gas, but that the Sun's magnetic field is keeping us safe in exactly the same way as the Earth's magnetic field keeps the Earth safe:

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. It's about 30 light years wide and contains a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C. The existential mystery of the Fluff has to do with its surroundings. About 10 million years ago, a cluster of supernovas exploded nearby, creating a giant bubble of million-degree gas. The Fluff is completely surrounded by this high-pressure supernova exhaust and should be crushed or dispersed by it....

The Fluff is held at bay just beyond the edge of the solar system by the sun's magnetic field, which is inflated by solar wind into a magnetic bubble more than 10 billion km wide. Called the "heliosphere," this bubble acts as a shield that helps protect the inner solar system from galactic cosmic rays and interstellar clouds. The two Voyagers are located in the outermost layer of the heliosphere, or "heliosheath," where the solar wind is slowed by the pressure of interstellar gas....

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space. On the other hand, astronauts wouldn't have to travel so far because interstellar space would be closer than ever. These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next.
NASA

So relax, we have thousands of years before we need to worry. Incidentally there have been hearings to investigate the vulnerability of the US power grid to solar events. Although rare, a very large Coronal Mass Ejection could bring the electrical grid down. Hopefully legislators will take scientists seriously for once and mandate power companies to create the appropriate redundancies.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Something is happening. I am not a doomsday preacher or believer.
All of you here and elsewhere are only expert of your own read knowledge.
Now, open your window and look at the world how is metamorphosing.
Most of us have denied the changes that unfold in front of us, day in day out news of geological event are flooding our tv and radio....
You would say, what if it is true...what can we do about it?
I don't know....what I know is that we have the power to see our demise....then preparing our self for it could be a great initiation of liberation....
I for sure see tomorrow as never happen and yesterday something that don't exist in the present.

Kacou
edit on 5-6-2011 by kacou because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

Yes, pretty much debunked.
Dr. Demetriev, the astrophysicist does not seem to exist

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok then what do we think of this one .
science.nasa.gov...

Il n'y as pas de fume' sans feu...
Kacou

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

That link was posted in the post above yours.

new topics

top topics

join