It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Level Extremely High in Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

An extremely high radiation level – approximately 4,000 millisieverts per hour – has been detected in the first reactor of the Fukushima nuclear power plant on Saturday. According to Itar-Tass news agency, the radiation level surge might be caused by a spew of hot steam coming from a damaged pipe in the system; the steam’s temperature reaches 50 degrees Centigrade. According to the Japanese scientists the normal radiation level emergency crew can be exposed to makes 250 millisieverts per year, and the normal radiation level for a person does not exceed one millisievert per year. TEPCO representatives were quoted as saying that the data was obtained through a US robot device.

rt.com...

Another update from Japan. The article continues on to speculate about the growing concerns of Radioactive water leaking.

Things are not getting better over there at all

edit on 4-6-2011 by readytorevolt because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/4/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I wish the main stream media would actually report on this cause its gonna kill alot of people!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the update, seems thing the stuffs half life are just not getting any better than the first day....and the stuff has a long half-life sigh.

I also wish the MSM would follow this story more closely as it concerns us all.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
According to Arnie Gunderson, reactor 4 is an aftershock away from a disaster of which mankind has never witnessed. The winds, according to Gunderson,are moving more south and inland. Japanese citizens seem to have been sparred the brunt of this problem but that could soon change dramatically. No worries though the forthcoming circus tents are going to save humanity.

brill
edit on 4-6-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by domasjefferson
I wish the main stream media would actually report on this cause its gonna kill alot of people!

sadly I dont see them picking this story back up at all.

Its pretty much up to the people to find and share real info themselves.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Japan Times puts it more strongly: Radiation in No. 1 reactor building at highest level yet

The radiation is so high now that any worker exposed to it would absorb the maximum permissible dose of 250 millisieverts in only about four minutes.

and from Japan Today:

A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.6 jolted Fukushima Prefecture early Saturday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. No tsunami warning was issued...
According to Tokyo Electric Power Co, its Fukushima Daiichi and Daini nuclear power plants showed no abnormality following the temblor.

That last comment, taken literally, would mean the latest earthquake mysteriously repaired the Fukushima Daiichi plant!

edit on 4-6-2011 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I dreamed about Fukishima last night all night - deformed babies and animals.
In my dream we had a new radiation measurement term - wombscar units.
1 unit for every mutated baby born, animal or human.

It makes me sick. I did not realize how sick it made me until I dreamed this crap last night. It must really bug me on a deep level.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I retract my statement as I cannot read properly.

edit on 4-6-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Where are people getting this 4000 sV/h garbage? From the malfunctioning website that no longer provides the information?

I haven't read the Russia Today report, but Japan Times, Mainichi Daily News, Xinhua, Business Insider, Daily India, Voice of Russia and others, are reporting Tepco's (presumably correct) reading of 4000 millisieverts per hour - the highest so far.

Meanwhile, heavy rain threatens to cause further radioactive spillage as water containers overflow.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilAxis

Originally posted by predator0187
Where are people getting this 4000 sV/h garbage? From the malfunctioning website that no longer provides the information?

I haven't read the Russia Today report, but Japan Times, Mainichi Daily News, Xinhua, Business Insider, Daily India, Voice of Russia and others, are reporting Tepco's (presumably correct) reading of 4000 millisieverts per hour - the highest so far.

Meanwhile, heavy rain threatens to cause further radioactive spillage as water containers overflow.

Dammit, my fault, I'm mental. I thought as I had seen it many times before. My mistake, and I'll retract my previous statement.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh I think the MSM is picking up the story alright, but are also reporting from some 'playbook' already produced by TPTB minimize panic and economic damage.

This week I saw an early morning CNN report on the tube about radioactive contamination in the U.S. They led into the story with Fukushima, but reported it much as an ongoing problem being controlled. Then the story went into ongoing and past tritium releases from 58 nuclear facilities in the U.S.

My immediate take on the story (if I had been only an MSM-informed person) is that yeah, Fukushima is bad but under control; and that we have been exposed throughout the U.S. with comparable [big SIC] releases. Therefore it is a concern but not something we haven't already lived thru and we can't fix (somehow).

My informed take sees a glaring hole the size of Al Gore's ozone hole, and a story even bigger than the floods and tornadoes and much bigger than the (senator) weiner.

It's just psychotic the way the story is being ignored!!

I do not minimize the condition of U.S nuclear plants at all, nor do I minimize the overwhelming floods (which also are mostly ignored) and devestating tornadoes. And a bit disgusted with the nonstop reporting of the w... wisdom of senators, instead of all of the above.

But the damage here will be fixed in generations, not in years or even decades, and affects a large portion of the Earth. Pretty big story to ignore.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I saw that Germany was dismantling all their nuclear power after this because they do not want the risk.

I have yet to see that reported widely though. I figure it might make people go "maybe we should do that here?" Which, of course, is the last thing that I think the govt or big business wants people to consider.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What bugs me is that I left Japan months ago, and I know more about what's up than my family in law who still live in Iwaki, Fukushima.

new topics

top topics

join