It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 nuclear plant workers exceed radiation limit; more being tested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

2 nuclear plant workers exceed radiation limit; more being tested

www.japantoday.com

TOKYO —

Two nuclear plant workers have exceeded Japan’s radiation exposure limit for men and others who toiled without sufficient protection in the earliest days of the disaster could show high levels as well, the government and plant operator said Friday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Soon after the tsunami damaged the plant, the government raised the limit for men to 250 millisieverts from the earlier 100 millisieverts so workers could tackle the emergency.

Total exposures of the two male workers may be as high as 580 millisieverts—nearly 1,000 abdominal X rays—if they were almost entirely irradiated in the first two days, when a first explosion occurred at the plant, Matsumoto said.

The anonymous heroes of Fukushima. Hardly anyone talks about them. While the media is working hard to cover up the extent of this disaster to protect the nuclear energy sector and we are busy caring about our daily troubles, these people are sacrificing their lives for their country, for their countrymen and the rest of the world. These people also have families. It takes a lot of courage and strength to sacrifice yourself like this as one battles the continuous dilemma of choosing for your nation or your family.

Now, I know that Japanese culture is different than ours, as we are much of a individual-based society and Japan is much more of a common-based society. However, I feel these brave people don't get the attention and appreciation they deserve while it's only them who can prevent the disaster from growing even bigger.

www.japantoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
To think we all watched this live on tv is frightening. Massive amounts of radiation released with no sudden or extensive damage to the immediate area. Its mind boggling. It makes me think that spreading radiation is easier than we all think. That a "nuke" isn't always like its been shown on the tv.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretNebraska

True and I read that a large number of experts have urged the IAEA to classify Fukushima as a category 8 disaster while the traditional International Nuclear Event Scale only goes up to level 7. I suspect the aftermath of this disaster is beyond imaginable as the media leaves us all deliberately in the dark. In the years and decades to follow, the real damage to public health and the environment in Japan will become clear, yet we will never know how many cancer casualties will follow elsewhere as a result of nuclear radiation.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Nebraska Nuke Plant Low Level Warning

Is this the next place it will happen to?

top topics

join