It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live in a Domestic Violence Program, and have been since December of 2010. Questions?, I will tel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Been there, and done that. Is the program more abusive than your abuser?

Think about it?

Who actually recieves and uses donated dollars for these programs?
edit on 3-6-2011 by Blanca Rose because: Miss typed and thoughts about where I am

edit on 3-6-2011 by Blanca Rose because: typo

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Sat Jun 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

You mean a program where they say "you are beautiful, look at all the goodness around you, embrace it." Which really means "move on...it's not that serious...don't forget to pay on your way out!"

ETA: you'll probably get a mod note about the shortness of your OP.
edit on 3-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

No, I was required to to serious work, by way of proof to show to people who donated for the program, to justify the expense paid for "advicates" that are barely out of diapers. This is in Phoenix, AZ.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Ya, that is ok.. I have a person I know who will possibly be able to expand on this more, that works for ABC......People need to know where there donated dollars go for programs like this.....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Blanca Rose

You mean a program where they say "you are beautiful, look at all the goodness around you, embrace it." Which really means "move on...it's not that serious...don't forget to pay on your way out!"

ETA: you'll probably get a mod note about the shortness of your OP.
edit on 3-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Nope, You are not told you are beautiful, per say..... You are brainwashed, and really encouraged to think so, especially if you are an illegal alien in the State of Arizona......

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I dont know what sort of program your talking about but one in Australia that my mum worked with seemed to genuinely help people.
My Mum worked in a House/centre that housed women and children who had to literally flee for fear of their lives.
These women would stay at this house (which for the womens safety was a secret address) till other accomodation could be found. While there they recieved counselling, help and advice about courses and higher education, the children got counselling and basically whatever else they needed.

Im not sure how things work in the States, why would you say these programs are a bad thing?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
We have wonderful programs that help women who are victoms of domestic violence here in the USA. I don't understand the original post either.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
More detail please? May depend on where you live as to how they are run financially, probably by counties or cities and non profit by the most part.
The Seattle area shelter, one has local corporate partners see here.
By that I could see why one would be cautious.
I don't believe it's more abusive than who you've been abused by. Sure you have to abide by their laws, get up at a certain time, do chores, have a curfew, etc.

Best to look more into your shelter program, by a net search, etc. Always keep in mind, there's no excuse for domestic violence, remain safe and heal in there. Best of luck.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

No, I was required to to serious work, by way of proof to show to people who donated for the program, to justify the expense paid for "advicates" that are barely out of diapers. This is in Phoenix, AZ.

Out of curiosity, this sounds goofy to me. Are you in a "state" program, or are you in a "state supported" program? The reason I ask is sometimes (varies state to state) private groups work with the state to assist in matters like these, and as such they meet the basic requirements the state puts forth to be in compliance with domestic violence laws. Some of these groups add their own criteria on top of the basics, and it kind of sounds like whats going on.

As an example, I live in Missouri. In addition to a victims advocate (its what we call ours) which can be found at the county courthouse, we have 3rd party programs to assist as well. These 3rd party programs do provide a safe enviornment / place to live / assistnace finding counseling etc etc etc.

These 3rd parties meet the state criteria, and work with the court systems, but are independant so to speak (they add some of their own criteria in order to receive assistance).

If you have not done so, I would recommend talking to the state advocate for domestic abuse. Again it will vary state to state, but you can usually find them at the state courthouse in the county you reside in (or the county the incident took place in - whole jurisdiction thing).

Anyways I hope the info helps. Also, if you have went through domestic violence, I commend your determination in this matter, as well as asking questions.

Arizona revised statutes
ARS - 25-403.3 - Domestic Violence
ARS - 12.2239 - Provisions on 3rd party agencies / groups - different standards than state entities
ARS - 46.244 - Victims of domestic violence; identification; referrals; waiver
ARS - 36.3005 - Shelter requirements for eligibility

These are some of the state laws dealing with your topic. Sorry for throwing the legal crap at ya, but without more information, its difficult to answer / address your concern.

hope this helps you find answers.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join