It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to John Lear?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
While looking on some old threads i was reminded of Lear and what a big part of this site he used to be. He had his own forum, and then he was just gone. I was wondering what happened?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Internet Happens...

If you care to dig up the bones.

The answers are out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
He's on GLP now, seriously if you want to talk to John Lear pay Trinity(The owner of GLP)10 dollars a month and message him.
But he is on GLP now, I talked to him a few times on threads
edit on 2-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
John Lear ATS

I enjoy listening to John and came here to ATS because of him. He was pushed out of here due to pushing his theories without scientific evidence. I believe he believes what he says and some of that is really far out. ATS is not the place for that stuff I guess
but I think the most important thing is to expose yourself to all of it just to be aware of what could be true.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

GLP?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

A crappy conspiracy site. godlike productions.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
reply to post by Viking9019

A crappy conspiracy site. godlike productions.

Don't go there dude, last week they were sane. They have devolved in less then a week. I didn't go there for a week due to circumstances and good sweet lord. They went from human to some literal troll beneath a bridge.

As for John Lear, he's no better over there either. I don't know if he's better or crazier, sweet god either way GLP is f-ed up.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...=16

fast forward to about four min.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Go here.
This will answer your question I hope.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
John Lear was a bit "far out there", but the funny thing is that as time goes by many of his theories don't seem so wacky after all. Especially when you look at some of the nutcase stuff posted on this site... at least he researched a bit to back up his theories I suppose...

Offtopic @g146541 - nice dogs

edit on 2-6-2011 by ParAvion because: added a bit

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
He never had much evidence. It's hard to figure him out. He had no profit motive - never released a book or anything, and his theories about moon structures seemed somewhat plausible, but the whole moon atmosphere and soul catcher thing was a bit much.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

I stopped listening to him when he started talking about that soul catcher thing. That was petty far fetched. I don't know where he's coming from sometimes.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
LOL look at the thread above yours in new topics. Funny coincidence? Or warning to watch? Dom dom dommmm.....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think it started to go a bit downhill with the soul catcher thing also.
However I don't think he should have been banned.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I remember discussing his theories with him a few years ago when he was still posting.

Hard to take him seriously and when he started threads and would only give his information in dribs and drabs people got annoyed. ATSers want all available info asap so we can do our stuff. He was posting for attention and would string things along to make the spotlight last as long as possible. A huge ego with a ferociuos appetite.

His theories got so far out that I think staff had a word and he just stopped posting here and moved on the the next available source of attention.

Don't get me wrong, a nice chap but someone (his dad) must have taken his teddybear away, and boy was he easy to wind up and not surprising considering some of the outlandish stuff he would lay on us.

I'm sure he's still performing most nights if you want to search him out.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
However I don't think he should have been banned.

He was never banned, he just stopped posting. (member search for "johnlear")

I think those who remember his ATS days, particulary some of the staff, still hold respect for what he brought to the table and the manner in which he entertained us with.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Funny. I was under the impression he was momentarily banned.

He might be far out, but I doubt he lied about being banned.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
He might be far out, but I doubt he lied about being banned.

If that's what HE told you, then yes, I think it was a lie.

I believe he is still welcome to post any time he likes but has obviously chosen not to. Maybe his ego has stopped him and saying he was banned makes him feel more justified not to.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Yea? I was trying to decide which thread to click on. I choose this one first, thinking I'd go back and look at the other. I can't remember what it was called, but, its not there anymore........

Aside, I know nothing about John Lear, but I used to be in Scientology. Did you know that L.R. Hubbard taught that the moon is soul catcher? He called it something else tho, can't remeber the term he used.
edit on 2-6-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Did you know that L.R. Hubbard taught that the moon is soul catcher? He called it something else tho, can't remeber the term he used.

I think it was "profit" wasn't it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join