It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500,000 Bq/kg of radioactive Cesium found 75 miles from Fukushima plant..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Special Committee on Earthquake East subcommittee of the County Council in 30 days, the impact on the dispersal of radioactive materials within the prefecture, after hearing the opinions from the experts. Professor Iwata Takahiro of Science 山形大 level “does not have any living normal” adding, “and sludge on the drain, there is a risk of high concentration topical damned swept and rain of radioactive material,” he said was.

Professor Iwata and reporting of radioactive cesium was detected 500,000 becquerels per kg of the roof drains from the surrounding dust Yamagata University. The comparable figures were detected in the sludge of sewage treatment plants in Fukushima Prefecture, “‘s possible that soil contaminated with high concentrations in the agricultural land is undeniable. Also avoid harmful rumor, find a hazard, crop such measures must be taken not “and suggested.

A single dose of around 450 R (450,000 mR) is usually considered produce death in 50% of the cases.

Source: enenews.com...

500,000 Bq/kg would translate into 10 million Bq/m2 using the “20x” conversion method or 32.5 million Bq/m2 using the “65x” method (these methods are described at: onioni2.blogspot.com...).

Though these samples were found in roof drains and thus would be more concentrated than average levels on the ground, these are extremely high figures: For reference, the forced evacuation level at Chernobyl was 1.48 million Bq/m2 of cesium-137 ground contamination, while the corresponding voluntary evacuation level was 185,000 Bq/m2.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
just goes to show that it's worse than many people play it off...I don't understand why more people aren't on japan's a$$ to get this fixed NOW...this whole event has been played off from the beginning and it's really annoying to see it down played to much and ignored

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

That would cause an international frenzy. Not only are they stepping on the governments toes but also on their corporations. For other countries to go in and take over would be an insult as they are saying the Japanese have no control of the situation, which they don't.

Now, I think they should have done this a long time ago. There is no way this should have been allowed to spew radioactive isotopes for this long and nothing to be done about it, to me this shows incompetence, and if this is shown about a nuclear emergency, the country should not be allowed to have nuclear power at their disposal.

So I understand why the world thinks we shouldn't go in there and take over, but, I think they should have done it anyways. How many times do they have to apologize on their incompetence before something is done about it?

Pred...

new topics

join