It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboys Disciplined For Playing Soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I can't agree with you more
this PC nonsense is, well just leaves me shaking my head wondering how these kids will turn out.. it's just as bad when they go down the route of non competitive sports or other similar routes.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
the uk is turning into 1 big joke!! As a kid we used to play army most days.
David cameron should be reprimanded for playing army in my opinion!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So kids playing is now a bad thing? Back in the day we took it one step further and if it were something wrong I probably would've ended up in jail with my friends. We actually made wooden submachine guns etc. from junk wood at crafting. Then we proceeded to run around the school doing Arnold impressions from Rambo and Commando. Yeah we clearly did the wrong thing because we dared to play

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Too right mate.

Non-competetive sport?
It's pathetic and obviously thought up by a group of idiots who were crap at sports themselves and were the last one's picked at everything.

These children will be seriously under prepared for the harsh realities of adult life.

It almost makes one think that this is a deliberate attempt to eliminate any trace of aggressive and competetive behaviour and, together with the general dumbing down through the education system and MSM and various other social engineerig exercises, is part of some sort of plan to control and govern large sections of society.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Your spot on there.. I have to admit that ever since my son went (albeit briefly) to a non completive school I have wondered how the other kids would turn out! As I can not see how non competitive sports, games and school will give them the life skills they need, but I guess it might make for a more malleable population..

As for the dumbing down I am always correcting my son and my partners children on the history they are being taught in school.. it really seems to be cherry picking history to suit a similar agenda..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is sad, some of my fondest memories in high school was playing a game with motorized waterguns, we would try to catch each other by surprise between classes. It isn't the same world it used to be that is for sure.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

If 2 young boys pointing finger guns at each other is considered punishable, and some of you are OK with this, you have to be either really young or one of those sorts of people who I knew in school who always went to the library during lunch and looked down on everyone else because you had no real friends to play finger guns with.

post by badw0lf

We never had guns here in Aus the same as the US does'

Sorry but you must be really young as we did have guns in Oz when I grew up in the 70's. 22's & Air-rifles.
edit on 1-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

As for the dumbing down I am always correcting my son and my partners children on the history they are being taught in school.. it really seems to be cherry picking history to suit a similar agenda..

Could you give some examples of the history you have corrected them on.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As a kid I had a small arsenal of toy guns, I was obsessed with war and fighter planes and missiles. Playing war was one of my favorite games, yet somehow I managed to grow up into a pacifist tree hugging Guardian reader.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

No problems, one in particular springs to mind (my turn to cherry pick
) as I was watching the VJ commemorations on TV the eldest questioned why I was watching something we (Britain) where not involved in. As he had been taught that we (Britain) where only involved in the European theatre and not involved in any other theatre (He was told those where American theatres)

His history teacher cherry picked WW2 to seem as tho Britain fought a good fight defending her little Island against outside aggression, while completely omitting the Empire existed, and consigning those who fought, wounded or died in the other theatres or those who stood by our side to oblivion.

I was taught history "as is" (still with obvious bias) and it seems they are now teaching history more along the lines of what they want it to represent.
edit on 1/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: removed doubled words

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Keep the history lessons going, because the more of real history everyone knows, the better the chances of stopping the repeat of the mistakes of history.

Regards

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Keep the history lessons going, because the more of real history everyone knows, the better the chances of stopping the repeat of the mistakes of history.
Regards

I do find todays schooling lacking in teaching history.. history is so important, and like yourself I do not know anyone (except it seems those involved in educating our children) who wants to repeat the mistakes of the past.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

No military in school but school for military what leg are they standing on.
I just made a thread on itwww.abovetopsecret.com...
One would have to justify one with the other. What a wacky world this as become.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wonder how this whole scenario would go down at a military school.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
I wonder how this whole scenario would go down at a military school.

They would probably frown upon you learning,
they want subservants, not free thinkers...
edit on 1-6-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Next they will try to take out the ROTC program. I truly think that
Programs like that builds character in the youth and could give them
morals that students need.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by emos75

Sorry what's ROTC

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

It is a cadet training offered by some public schools in the States to help advance students who are
interested in going into the military. It's a very good program plus it keeps kids off the streets.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join