It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess whos helping out with cleaning up Joplin Hint: Its big it's grey and it isnt Joe Biden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Found this cool little video of a very unusual volunteer thats helping to clean up Joplin after the Tornado,

I don't know any details of where this Elephant came from, maybe someone on ATS has a clue but he sure seems helpful

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
ok i gotta check this out....

The "picadilly circus was in town and decided to help out"

www.fox4kc.com...

www.fourstateshomepage.biz...

www.thefuncircus.com... (here's the main website of the circus, it has a video of the elephant in joplin up on it right now)

no idea if there's a connection to Piccadilly circus, London, England or not...

strange, to say the least.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Someone had a great idea here!! I think the elephant can get into tighter places
than equipment just as they do in the wild. They are strong and amazing. Thank
you OP!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It probably came from an elephant sanctuary. There are several throughout the country, they take in retired circus elephants, and other elephants that have ended up without owners. There's one in Linden, TN, about 50 miles from where I am. Nobody knows it's there, they don't advertise or promote the elephants. They aren't for public viewing, or entertainment.

Or it may be a privately owned animal.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just found this story about it.
link

It seems he is from a circus which gives me some ethical problems with it as I don't really agree with using animals in circuses. I can only hope that the circus treats the Elephant well
edit on 31-5-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My family and I seen this on the news during dinner. My mom was complaining, but my dad had a good point. In India.. this is what elephants do. And no one complains then.

The elephant is helping. He's probably having the time of his life stretching his trunk.

Yay elephant.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
an elephant never forgets.

Question:
Where did the phrase "An elephant never forgets" originate from?
Answer:
The origin of the phrase seems to go back to observations that elephants follow the same paths and even hand down genetic memories of directions and places grounds across generations. Each elephant clan has a certain burial place, like many human communities, and always help the dying ones get back there if they are not killed traumatically first.

orvillejenkins.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

This rocks!
We don't need no stinkin tractors!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Star for your reply.

Circuses are notorious for treating their animals like frap......hope someone patted the elephant and thanked him/her.

Now, with all the debris, the elephant could get hurt, there's a lot of junk protruding from all over.

top topics

join