It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TR-3 Black Manta -the Top Secret spy plane you Don't hear of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Everyone hears about Aurora and the Blackbird. Well here's the Top Secret Spy Plane that even eluded the ATS Radar. The TR-3 Black Manta was most likly built to compliment the secret fleet of RC-135 spy planes, that are used by the USAF to support the NSA's Elint and Sigint missions by collecting intelligence about Radar and air defense systems, Telemetry Data, and Communication Intelligence. There are also reports that the aircraft might be involved with tactical reconnance. Not much is really known about the plane. Reports describing an all-wing stealth suggest that Northrop is the most likly contractor, because of their vast experince with this design, although some people have suggested that it might have been developed from the Lockeed Skunkworks ATB (Stealth Bomber) design code named Senior Peg.

Here Are some Links:
Mystery Aircraft: TR-3
TR-3A Black Manta
TR-3 Black Manta
Black Manta

Take a look and tell me what you think?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 5-8-2004 by ghost]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The configuration of that aircraft is a bit like Testors guessing the F-19, until there's more concrete reports, with less conjecture, there is no telling the characteristics of a particular program, who funded it, for what purpose and for what mission. That being said, there is without a doubt a classified operational aircraft being flown. It's just a matter of time before it is seen, or one crashes. Remember the original stealth program was thrust very much in the publics eyes by several crashes, that's where the major rumors came out of what it was. Such old information has limited use, except for the FAS suggestion that you follow the paper trail, what contractors are getting more biz than their output would suggest.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
some people have suggested that it might have been developed from the Lockeed Skunkworks ATB (Stealth Bomber) design code named Senior Peg.

This idea IMHO has merit. Look at the evidence:

1) There has never been any mention (except a blurb in Ben Rich's autobio) of the Lockheed entry. No pictures, no diagrams, no models, Nothing. There are even pictures avalible of the Northrup entry that lost to the F-117 prototype.
2) THe Skunk Works has been busy. When looking for the Aurora, several people have pointed out that Lockheeds cash flow is more than can be explained by thier non black projects.
3) Ben Rich described it as a smaller all wing version of the B-2 with better stealth.
It really fits the bill

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have spoken to people who I believe know - and even though they are vague, there is every indication that the F-117 has a helper in the form of a slow flying, triangular winged, stealthy "spotter" plane. This I think is the TR-3.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've discussed this about 2 months back.

Shattered OUT...

top topics

join