It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act to be signed by machine in proxy of Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Has this ever done before? I have never heard of it. Very interesting.

Capping a week of political bickering and parliamentary delays, the House joined the Senate on Thursday to approve a four-year extension of key provisions of the Patriot Act that are set to expire at midnight.

Because President Barack Obama is traveling in Europe, a White House official said the bill will quickly be signed into law using an autopen, a machine that replicates the president’s signature
Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It happens all the time, actually. Truman was the first i think.
autographhellbook.blogspot.com...
cgi.ebay.com...

Former president John F. Kennedy was the first president and popular celebrity to use the autopen machine on a regular daily basis. A pattern or template is made from a sample of the celebrity's signature at the Autopen company. After the template is installed and the photo, letter or document is placed under the machine's arm, the motor is turned on and the pen moves to re-create the signature. Hundreds of signatures per hour can be produced with this machine, usually by a secretary or assistant.!³7

ehampton.tripod.com...

edit on 26-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow this is getting good. First Rand Paul holds up the senate, then they slip it in a small business bill, now Robot Obama will sign the bill into law. Is this a bad sci-fi show or is this the world I live in?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well there you go, learn something new everyday.
Pretty cool stuff, sucks that they passed the NAZI bill but even Rand Paul caved in.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This topic is currently being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join