It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 UFO sightings from across the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone has ever watched this but its a show called The Blighty Files. It shows on Sky tv and Virgin in the UK. I thought i would share their top 10 list from their sight. Some interesting ones in there, maybe even some you dont know about yet. I decided to post it after listening to ATS live euro show last night, they asked to share any further sightings of UFO'S in the UK
. Some of these i have heard about others i havnt, perhaps even a research opportunity for all you UFO pups out there
either way hope you enjoy.

Every year, the number of UFO sightings in the UK increases – it seems that it’s not just cashed-strapped Britains who want to stay at home for their holidays.

Flying saucers, mysterious flashing lights, triangular shaped craft and pipe-like objects – you name it we’ve spotted them buzzing around our skies. Here we take a look at the top ten…

The Blighty Files

1) The Rendlesham Forest Incident
Sometimes called the 'British Roswell', the UK's most famous sighting took place at the perfect spot for a good mystery: in a dark forest close to two secret military airfields. At 3am on 26th December 1980, a US military patrol at RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk reported mysterious hovering lights in the nearby Rendlesham forest. The next day strange marks were found on the ground close to where the lights had been. When a few days later more lights were spotted by US servicemen in the sky above the forest, it seemed that the case was proved. Unfortunately witness statements didn't match up, and the site's proximity to the lighthouse at Orfordness could be seen to cast the event in a rather different light.

2) The Chopper Cops Chase
Just after midnight on the 8th June, 2008, a South Wales Police helicopter was hovering near St Athan when its three-man crew spotted bright lights which dived towards the helicopter and then sped off at full lick. Always keen to catch a speeder, the chopper crew gave chase and followed the lights across the Bristol Channel until their fuel ran low. Though they described the UFO as 'clearly visible' and 'flying saucer shape', the Welsh chopper cops weren't able to photograph the ET-boy racer on the helicopter's advanced camera systems. South Wales Police later denied that their helicopter had chased the object.

3) The Dudley Dorito Incident
West Midlanders love their spicy snacks, so when a mysterious triangular UFO with moving lights was spotted hovering high over Halesowen on the evening of 28 November 2007, locals were quick to dub it the Dudley Dorito. After this was reported in a local paper, others from Dudley, Wednesbury and Bushbury came forward to confirm the initial sighting. Might the triangular wings of a passing Typhoon Eurofighter have confused observers? Was the whole thing a case of mass snack deception? So far no satisfactory explanation has been found for Birmingham's biggest tea-time mystery.

The Blighty Files

Please read: Posting Work Written by Others!
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on May 26th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: removed excessive c&p and added EX tags

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Nice thread.

I'm surprised the Robert Taylor incident is missing.

en.wikipedia.org...

S+F

ADD - I do apologise I see the Robert Taylor incident is included!

edit on 26-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
when is this programme on sky and which channel

join