It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wooffan SS - German Military Talking Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't read it with my own eyes... I know the Germans were into trying some strange things but I wouldn't have thought they would take this seriously....

A new report reveals that Nazis tried to train dogs to talk, read and spell during World War II in an attempt to build an army of 'fearsome' speaking dogs, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Adolf Hitler created a special dog school in the 1930s to teach the canines to talk, and apparently it worked, according to the report.
One dog allegedly uttered the words "Mein Fuhrer" when asked who Hitler was and another "spoke" by tapping the letters of the alphabet with its paws.
The "Wooffan SS" experiment was uncovered by Dr. Jan Bondeson, a senior lecturer at Cardiff University.
"There were some very strange experiments going on in wartime Germany with regard to the dog-human communication," Bondeson told the Daily Telegraph.
"Hitler was himself interested in the prospect of using educated dogs in the war effort, and he advised representatives of the German army to study their usefulness in the field," he continued.
According to the report, one of the dogs speculated about religion, learned foreign languages and wrote poetry.
The dog school was based in Leutenburg and was led by headmistress Margarethe Schmitt. The school continued throughout World War II.

Source

So I guess a dog really can be man's best friend, or a spy?

Enjoy!

~Namaste
edit on 24-5-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: link

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

very intersting link?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
DId they train them at castle WOOFENSTEIN?

LoL ... that's a great article

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Allready on here.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

This thread was started about an hour ago about the same thing
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but very interesting none the less.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Didn't find it... sorry for the repost folks!

~Namaste

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Meanwhile the allies were starving dogs and teaching them to look for food under cars and trucks.

The idea was, and it worked quite well, was to strap remote activated bombs on the dog's backs and release them when an SS vehicle would drive by, as soon as the dog got to it's destination.........Poof !!!! Buh bye German Sheppard and German SS !!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

These guys apparently even created zombies!

I don't believe half the stories I hear about the Nazi's.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Its all good mate, just trying to keep it all in one place, nothing against you

but like i said its a great post none the less.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

think you'll find that they were trained for attacking tanks and armoured vehicles of the axis forces not just the SS regiments vehicles. The whole thing pales to insignifigance though compared to some of the other experiments the axis forces carried out

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

And you are absolutely right, no argument there. Did you also know that because of all the atrocities Hitler and his bunch of "merry men" did when they tortured and experimented on live people, such as open brain surgery, amputations and all other sorts of "medical" practices, today's medical field is more advanced and we understand the human body more than we ever did before the 2nd world war.

It's sick and disturbing to know that they performed such barbaric acts of torture and it is by far not acceptable by no means but in the en we also must acknowledge that without that torture we wouldn't of advanced as far in the medical field as we did. Them SS documented everything to a " T ".

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

The Russians tried this idea. And it almost worked.. The dogs were taught to run under tanks and then were exploded. The problem was the dogs would run under soviet tanks more often than german tanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As far as I know, that didn't work out at all. The dogs were instead often drawn to own vehicles reulting in casulties and finally leading to the abandonment of the dog-bomb idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

It's common knowledge these talking dogs were taught to pilot airplanes as well.

The Luftwoof they called it.

Oh yeah, I'm that cheesy this morning folks.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Lol...i was going to ask about the Wooft-Waffe canine pilots.

I was also wondering if a Doberman makes a more ardent nazi-dog than a German Shepherd ?

Cosmic...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
hmmmmm...i had better be keeping a closer eye on my german shepherd

peace

new topics

top topics

join