It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EHEC plague in Germany, more and more infected fighting for their lives!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Authorities recorded 300 suspected cases of the EHEC disease. The intestinal germ is partially resistant to antibiotics. The search for the cause is a race against time.

source: www.welt.de...

While the experts are desperately searching for the reason of EHEC disease, the deadly intestinal germ's spreading in Germany is increasing. The authorities have already confirmed more than 300 diseases or registered suspected cases - particularly in the north of Germany.

By Monday evening, several infected struggled for their life. According to a survey by the news agency dpa, the health authorities have registered at least 140 cases, including more than 40 very serious cases. Trend is growing: More than 160 suspected cases have yet to be tested.

The trigger for the disease remaines unclear but unwashed vegetables are suspected.

The more than 40 serious courses were suffering from severe hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS), which is caused by the intestinal bacteria, so it may come to kidney failure or anemia.

The bacteria are spreading very fast and I already had a phone call from a local police station indicating that some authorities are even taking an act of terror into consideration (which I personally don't believe)..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

While I do not feel this is terror related.. was it not about a year ago that a threat was made by one of the AQ off shoots to commit such an act of terror on Germany? (tho I think they also gave a specific date.. last Sunday in October comes to mind)

I hope a solution is found to whatever is causing this
and that it does not get any worse.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thanks for your kind words!

Yes, there were several bomb threats in last year's October (they had a LOT of policemen in Munich at that time!).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Your Welcome.. I really hope this comes to nothing..

But I did think the threats themselves where a little deeper/more off the wall than the normal bomb threats.. (that is what stuck in my mind but then again it could just be my imagination playing tricks on me)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
unwashed vegetables ????
hmmmm

Monsanto or Chemtrails come to mind
but wish the folks in Germany good luck.
Hope it stops soon

boon

ya know, come to think of it.
didn't something similar happen
in Japan recently with their vegetables ???
They had to throw them away ???

Japan had reactor leaks

and Merkel shut her reactors down

coincidence ???
hmmmm

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is very scary - my son and his family live in Northern Germany. Guess it's time for a long distance call.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
unwashed vegetables ????
hmmmm

Monsanto or Chemtrails come to mind
but wish the folks in Germany good luck.
Hope it stops soon

boon

ya know, come to think of it.
didn't something similar happen
in Japan recently with their vegetables ???
They had to throw them away ???

Japan had reactor leaks

and Merkel shut her reactors down

coincidence ???
hmmmm

Yep more pieces of information are incoming as we chat: The pathogen can also be entering the food chain through the manure fertilization of fruit and vegetables and the source of it is stll "active". I've just received some more suspected cases :-o

Yes I think in Japan they had to throw away food and vegetables but that cam from the ractor leaks as you pointed out already. I don't think this has anything to do with Merkels decision to shut down some reactors.

The "Robert Koch Institut" is already on the bacteria's a**
So it's more a biological issue than a nuclear.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
This is very scary - my son and his family live in Northern Germany. Guess it's time for a long distance call.

Yeah you can do that, but I think they already know about it. The first reported cases came from the Hamburg territory btw!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

The "Robert Koch Institut" is already on the bacteria's a** So it's more a biological issue than a nuclear.

That sounds pretty nasty really...
Any more info on what is being transferred through the manure to the fruit and veggies?

Thanks for the update...
edit on 24/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Japan also got hit with e. coli 111 recently from eating raw ground beef. (Yes, it's offered in some restaurants raw. The taste is OK, but not my favorite. It's also offered in Korean restaurants apparently.) if I remember correctly, 4 people died and about 40 were hospitalized. That was due to improper preparation. Apparently the restaurant is supposed to cut away the exposed surface of the meat chunk before serving it and they forgot.
A few years ago Japan was hit with e. coli 157, which is apparently the most common type of EHEC, and the suspected source was bean sprouts.

My prayers go out to those affected in Germany.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You're welcome!

EHEC pathogens are strains of Escherichia coli bacteria. They live mainly in the intestines of ruminant animals and can be transmitted through unheated food. Also a transfer of people to people is possible when handled with poor hygiene.

Update: Some infected people are now in the intensice care unit and are in a serious condition. Just yesterday a group of people from the worst affected area, Hamburg, arrived in our region and we have to take care of them now, many phone calls, e-mails and faxes right now

edit on 24/5/11 by Dalbeck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hmm is this translation right?

This affects mainly adult women. "This suggests that women in particular have access to the source of infection," said the President of the Lower Saxony state health department, Matthias Pulz. "The food must be anywhere in the trade." The more than 40 courses were suffering from severe hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS), which is caused by the intestinal bacteria. So it may come to kidney failure or anemia.

Affects mainly adult women? Anemia?
That sounds suspect...
Is there a doctor in the house that knows anything about this or why this link is?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Thank you so much for the info... EHEC is not something I am aware of.. but I do hope your region has the capacity to help these extra people as it sounds as though they are going through something quite nasty.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I remembered this thread from last yr.

Germany bans Monsanto

www.abovetopsecret.com...

might be Monsanto telling everyone
that yes u do need them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Hmm is this translation right?

This affects mainly adult women. "This suggests that women in particular have access to the source of infection," said the President of the Lower Saxony state health department, Matthias Pulz. "The food must be anywhere in the trade." The more than 40 courses were suffering from severe hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS), which is caused by the intestinal bacteria. So it may come to kidney failure or anemia.

Affects mainly adult women? Anemia?
That sounds suspect...
Is there a doctor in the house that knows anything about this or why this link is?

Yes, that's right, but please keep in mind that is the case right now, we have to wait for the next hours/ days (a reliable result can only be made after 36 hours of testing if a person is positive or negative).

The group of people from Hamburg we take care of at the moment are infected 50/ 50 percent - women and men!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by Dalbeck

Thank you so much for the info... EHEC is not something I am aware of.. but I do hope your region has the capacity to help these extra people as it sounds as though they are going through something quite nasty.

No problem at all, I will keep you all updated if possible. A lot of thing are currently "under the radar", I guess they want to prevent any (mass) panic! I don't know if this is the right way. To be prepared can never be wrong I guess. We are currently collecting any pieces of information we can get to get a picture of the whole situation. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but this morning (until now) much more ambulance coaches (and even medical helicopters) are arriving and departing in the complex next to me than usually (or it's just by accident I don't know, but at least that's my observation).

update: just got a new report of a group of 37 people with 22 being infected of them!

update 2 (12:25 CET): FIRST case of a deceased woman!

edit on 24/5/11 by Dalbeck because: updates

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck

The bacteria are spreading very fast and I already had a phone call from a local police station indicating that some authorities are even taking an act of terror into consideration (which I personally don't believe).

Dalbeck thanks for the info very interesting,

On the above statement though, I have not seen any of your threads before, is there something I should know, are you involved yourself in the Authorities in Germany?

If not why on earth would the local police call you?

What was the nature of the phone call, why did it happen?

Did you just pick up a ringing phone and local police there?

Do you have the name of the person who spoke to you?

When and at what time was the call?

What exactly was said about the "Terror" link?

I take this very very seriously.

I am very concerned on what Gaddafi and his links have access to, which include very very advanced Biological and Chemical warfare agents in large quantities.

I am very suprised we have not seen their use yet, I have no doubt as mad as gaddaffi is he will not go out in a peacefull way he will use them, and his back is very much against the wall.

He is without a dount a Pyschopath and Sociopath (not stating the Crusaders are any differant)

Thank you for your time in claryfying these questions.

Kind Regards,

Elf

edit on 24-5-2011 by MischeviousElf because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Originally posted by Dalbeck

The bacteria are spreading very fast and I already had a phone call from a local police station indicating that some authorities are even taking an act of terror into consideration (which I personally don't believe).

Dalbeck thanks for the info very interesting,

On the above statement though, I have not seen any of your threads before, is there something I should know, are you involved yourself in the Authorities in Germany?

If not why on earth would the local police call you?

What was the nature of the phone call, why did it happen?

Did you just pick up a ringing phone and local police there?

Do you have the name of the person who spoke to you?

When and at what time was the call?

What exactly was said about the "Terror" link?

I take this very very seriously.

I am very concerned on what Gaddafi and his links have access to, which include very very advanced Biological and Chemical warfare agents in large quantities.

I am very suprised we have not seen their use yet, I have no doubt as mad as gaddaffi is he will not go out in a peacefull way he will use them, and his back is very much against the wall.

He is without a dount a Pyschopath and Sociopath (not stating the Crusaders are any differant)

Thank you for your time in claryfying these questions.

Kind Regards,

Elf

edit on 24-5-2011 by MischeviousElf because: spelling

Hi Elf,

you're welcome
!

Without going into deeper detail, yes I'm affiliated to the German authorities and that's why the police called up this morning (and yes I have the name of the policeman). There was not really the talk of a "terror link" but I do think it was taken into consideration this morning (there was another group of people with symptoms and we basically were monitoring them, but nothing came out of it as for this moment) - for now it all looks like the bacteria is coming from a lack of hygiene, not from the hands of any "person" so no need to panic! The Authorities in question are now working under a pre-written protocol to stem the disease.

Kind regards!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Edit to add, just saw your last post, tahnk you for confirming that, you have a U2U please consider what i mention if things change at all on what we are seeing here.

Speed in such a case would be soo important to save lives.

Recent events in jhapan only highlight this.

I really hope and pray all those sick get better soon.
Not much on this but certainly the E-coli strain seems to be either acting a bit strange or has a very high mortality compared to usual E Coli.

E-Coli is one of the main early Biological agents its research is long and not that difficult to make into a weaponised form compared to other germs etc, some info on this below:

Public health officials in Germany are trying to discover the source of an outbreak of E-Coli which has killed two people and made at least 300 others sick. In Frankfurt ten victims have been hospitalised, four of them in intensive care. It seems most of those afflicted are adult women. Several cities in Germany have also reported cases. Reinhard Burger from the Robert-Koch Institute explained that “this is not a new intestinal germ but what is exceptional is the relatively huge number of cases which have lead to severe illness.”
Euronews

So some evidense that there is a possibilty due to mortality of a weaponised version though could just be normal mutation.

The reason I am soo concerned is that the research and use of this bacterium has been around since the 1950's in the UK terrorists will have access therfore very easily and cheaply to produce this in recent years.

The strain of BG used in these experiments was obtained from the US Army Biological Warfare Laboratory at Fort Detrick. In May 1998, Dr John Reid, then Minister of State for the Armed Forces admitted that staff at Porton Down had been unable to find evidence of routine toxicity testing of the imported BG prior to its use in these experiments.

The second type of bacteria that was used was E.coli MRE162. This organism was isolated from a toilet at Porton Down during 1949, and given the MRE culture number 162.

Further:

While the malleability of E. coli's genetic material renders it a valuable bacterium for genetic researchers, this malleability also makes E. coli a potentially deadly biological weapons agent. In the late 1980s, US scientists inserted into harmless E. coli bacteria the gene that produced lethal protein in anthrax. In E. coli, the gene was active and produced the same deadly proteins as anthrax. The Iraqi biological weapons program demonstrated interest in the possibilities of altered E. coli bacteria as a biological agent, and it was reported shipments of E. coli was shipped to Iraq from the United States.

Global Security

Again:

EHEC has only become recognized as a public health hazard since the 1980's. It is most often encountered as a contaminant in undercooked ground beef and the resulting food poisoning with intense diarrhea and damage to the digestive tract and kidneys can be deadly, especially to the children and the elderly. The effects of the organism are due to it producing Verotoxin that is listed as a potential toxin weapon and E. coli is closely related to Shigella dysenteriae that is also listed. A major reason for concern is that E. coli is the workhorse of molecular genetics and genetic engineering. It may be relatively easy to modify EHEC into a potent biological weapon using relatively unsophisticated technology.
CBW Info

This is why I am soo concerned about this till more info comes out, any likely use of Biological agents by non states or non the first world states would more than likely appear in a form of modified E Coli.

Very much watching this very closely.

Elf
edit on 24-5-2011 by MischeviousElf because: For opening of post

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I live near the border of Germany and here in the Dutch papers they talk about it! I saw that a woman of 83 was died from it. So we hope this wil not spreading to fast. Just clean your food and bake the mead hot. Stay healthy?

enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC)
[-hem′ôraj′ik]
a strain of E. coli that causes hemorrhage in the intestines. The organism produces shiga toxin, which damages bowel tissue, causing intestinal ischemia and colonic necrosis. Symptoms are stomach cramping and bloody diarrhea. An infectious dose may be as low as 10 organisms. Spread by contaminated beef, unpasteurized milk and juice, sprouts, lettuce, and salami, as well as contaminated water, the infection can be serious although there may be no fever. Treatment consists of antibiotics and maintenance of fluid and electrolyte balance. In advanced cases, surgical removal of portions of the bowel may be required.

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join