It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why interest is the root of monetary evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
How about going to work and giving it your all....because you can, and it'll make you feel really good to know you're being your all and helping to contribute to the betterment of our species??

The same reason you're not laboring and providing for starving children right now.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

That is inaplicable to my statement.

It's not my responsibility to take on the whole burden of the species and reasonably expect to end poverty BY MYSELF.

If we each had a sense of community, truly, poverty wouldn't exist.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It was called "usery" for a reason...

It basically allows for someone fortunate...to take advantage of someone misfortune..."Man I need a couple hundred bucks to hold me over till payday"..."sure...but the interest rate is 200%"

It is actually...against the Bible...but the Republicans, the Evangelicals and the Christian Coalition have conveniently forgot why Jesus turned over the tables in the Tabernacle. Jesus was angry over the "usery" (among other things)... going on in and around the House of God...
edit on 2/25/2012 by Damrod because: spelling...like always

edit on 2/25/2012 by Damrod because: closed an open parenthesis

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
That is inaplicable to my statement.

It's not my responsibility to take on the whole burden of the species and reasonably expect to end poverty BY MYSELF.

If we each had a sense of community, truly, poverty wouldn't exist.

No, this is precisely applicable to your statement. If you were truly interested in ending poverty, you would take the initiation and devote every ounce of energy and time toward that goal. You're not. Why? Because there's no profit in it for you i.e. immediate results. It's fraudulent concern.

Penn Jillette addresses you between 2:20-2:52.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join