It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma and Astrology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me why Christians would embrace the concepts of Karma and Astrology? These are definitely NOT Christian concepts, yet many people I know that are Christians honestly believe in these things. It seems... very off to me. Sort of hypocritical. They denounce other faiths, yet embrace spiritual concepts from non-christian cultures.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Astrologers were considered heretics or witches in ancient times.

And christians don't believe in reincarnation for the most part, so Karmic debt after death isn't even considered.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think it depends on the person. You are generalizing. I am a Christian, but am extremely open minded to other faiths/beliefs. Who's to say I'm right? That's the mystery of faith in things in general.
I believe in astrology. I always thought it was "bad". Then I met other gemini's who were just as nuts as I was and it really opened my eyes.
I also believe in karma. But more in the sense that you get what you put out. I don't practice astrology, or base much off of it. But I do think there are some truths behind it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Denco

I'm not explicitly saying that all Christians believe in Karma and Astrology. I'm merely asking "Why would they?"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think Christians should give up on their current set of beliefs and adopt more concepts like Karma. Afterall; its the best reflection of what Heaven and Hell actually are than the myth of a kingdom in the sky or a prison beneath our feet. Heaven and Hell are here and now, reflected through the way we lead our lives.
God doesn't judge us when we die... we judge ourselves, which is why our lives flash before our eyes at the moment of death. What we witness, and how we feel, will decide on our "peace" and/or "torment" in the afterlife.

No one goes to heaven, and no one goes to hell. Our energy/spirits/souls are recycled until all things return to the source. I'm a big believer in reincarnation, and I believe that you can gauge how someone led their previous life in how their life is now. You ever see someone who has a blessed life; good looks, wealth, great health, everything a person could want? What about a person who seems to be almost cursed; poor looks, bad health, bad with money? This is this person's heaven or hell, and depending on how they use this life will determine how their next life will be.

ie> A person who has everything, but who does nothing constructive or positive with this blessing will have the reverse life in the next go round. Or vice versa: A person who has nothing, and generally a terrible life, who spends every moment making the best of it, and giving half of his sandwich to a homeless guy when that's the only meal they'd had all day themselves, then you can bet he'll be coming back a happy lad.

This goes both ways though. A person who has a poor life, but who does good, may come back as a wealthy, handsome, healthy person, but use this next life to allow his wealth and looks to corrupt him, he will be back in the gutters again in the third life.

Life is all about Karma. Energy never dies, it only gets recycled.

To answer your Op question though:
Why would a Christian believe anything (like the Rapture for instance), when they are all going against the beliefs of Christ to begin with? Makes no sense to me. I guess they're starting to drift more towards other faiths out of the revelation that they've been wrong for nearly 2000 years.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
reply to post by Denco

I'm not explicitly saying that all Christians believe in Karma and Astrology. I'm merely asking "Why would they?"

Sorry i misunderstood the OP...

Astrology is much older then christianity, and if you've ever read about the personality of each sign you'll find they can be quite accurate.

As for Karma... many believe Christ taught reincarnation and Karmic laws...quite possibly learned in his travels though India. Who knows though...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Why NOT? Nothing is absolute. There's more out there than the story of creation. I think most Christians realize that. It's the radical ones who preach against anything that goes against the word. And the radical ones are who we always hear about.

top topics

join