It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all souls masochistic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've explored the notion of a soul, the afterlife, ego and the presence/absence and like studying why we exist, how we got here, what was before the supposed big bang, is there even an afterlife, why we endure Earth...etc

This made me wonder about a few things, particularly why are we here? Since were in the philosophy and metaphysics forum I feel the subject of assuming a perfect afterlife not too farfetched. Thus, let's assume that we incarnate in bodies for experience. I've seen that notion brought up many times by people who have had NDE's or AP's...etc.
Thus, we're here on Earth. We keep gaining experience, for what reason I have no idea. Some will argue it's to graduate to the 4th density. Others will say we come here to bring positivity to this negative world. Others say it's experience because the other side is a perfect place where you can't experience negativity. The latter seems to be the most prominent and aligns with my thoughts. Thus for the sake of this argument I'm going to further define that we're assuming life on this Earth to be a controlled fashion where we choose to experience what we want.

What reason is there ever to come down here?

Sure, we make friends, share the love...etc; but it all comes at a price. None of us come down here to be born into a king's family and experience luxury 24/7 and die of old age. Instead we come down here to get our hearts broken, endure misery, die slowly and painfully while being stung with mental and emotional stress beyond belief. Why? Why so much pain? Why not have a world with more positivity so this kind of stuff is endured.

One question that blows my mind if my assumptions are true is why people come down here to be enslaved for 50 years, and then die. Why do people come down here to be hacked up slowly into pieces (try pricking your finger with a knife and then imagining what I described [yes, hyperbole somewhat
]). From a logical standpoint I just don't understand.
We come here to experience misery because there is none on the other side?
Why did we come here then?

Do we naturally at a higher level enjoy pain?
Why would I come down here to make more good if I can just have an infinite amount on the 'other side', especially when the sole reason people come down here is to experience negativity then? Am I hindering them by being nice?
edit on 5/22/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: Title wrong

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I will have been here 59 yrs next Friday and I, to date, have no idea why I came here....Not to say I want find out real soon though....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There is also lots of love, it just depends on which emotion you let cloud your mind. Sometimes it's easier to look at all the bad than it is the good (something I learnt when reading too much into conspiracies).
edit on 22-5-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This universe was created by beings of immense imagination.
edit on 22-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Look at what we are bombarded with in this world. If you can live without T.V, radio, paper, or the internet, for 3 months while focusing on having a positive attitude. You'll be so glad that you have done that.

Looking into bad news is addicting for me I admit. why do we want to suffer? We chose to, because we want to co create it and live it as an experence.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Whenever I think that the world is all ugliness and pain, I watch the sun set. I pet my cats. I water the plants in my garden. I text message my apprentice. I hug my dad. Because they all remind me why I've chose to come back to this strange little rock so many times.

Life is also beautiful. There are people who are wonderful who will bring with them more joy than pain. There are experiences that will make you feel glad that you are here. There is awesome music, food that blows the mind as to how good it is, and places on this earth so beautiful that you will never want to leave them. If you are experiencing none of that, go out and find it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I believe this to be truth. I believe souls do reincarnate as living bodies, actually, not just humans, but all life forms, including those on other planets. Every single life form is a different experience. What I do not get what is the purpose of learning when you are immortal? Do not souls know everything already? I guess not then... I think they are being "born" as well. Or maybe they do not come here just to learn, but they are freaking bored, or they find this as some kind of fun, a game. I mean, each time we reincarnate we are completely different people/beings, are we not? We look different and have different personality. So, what personality does our soul have? What is it like? Does our life take anything from it? Or from past lives? Or does souls actually gain personality after each life experience?
Damn, but gaining experience through such a cruel way is just... cruel. I wish there were not bad experiences, no bad things. Just good and neutral ones. They are experiences as well, are they not? Are they not enough to learn?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Life, the way you describe it, with the assumptions you mention, will remain enigmatic.

This is why religions have come to offer you the answer!

Instead of the enigma, they offer you this: Life is a TEST. You pass, or fail.

Now, if you don't like their answer, that's fine, but then you're right back to your enigma.

Darn!

JR

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Your life is a picture of what a baby goes through when it touches a hot stove and learns not to touch it again. We are born into the water of the material world. The soul is tried by life in the Refiner's fire. It gains an experience here that cannot be gained by simply hearing or seeing.

Confucius said, "I hear I forget. I see I learn. I do and I understand."

A soul cannot be told a story and understand. The story must be experienced. Each 2000 years on earth, a different archetype of the same story is expressed in this reality. The archetype story is experienced by the masses and then related in history. Each story ties into the next and further expresses the overall plan for humanity. The goal is to initiate the soul for assertion and to find the emerald of life. The emerald to be found is love for God and love for your neighbor. The universe is one. Once we appreciate our place, we are then given the next vehicle for development.

We are made 'in' the image of God. The image is reality. We are artificial consciousness. Compare this to the Sims. The difference is, we are learning as we go along. The universe is real to us, but a projection from God. Our consciousness is an expression of God's Nous. We receive the gift of Nous and then gain Gnosis as we go along. If mankind ever develops this degree of reality in the silicone environment, the life there will need to be taught in the same manner. Anything else is merely a remote controlled vehicle in a virtual world. Jesus was the word (LOGOS) expressed in the material realm.

The earth is a womb of development. Your body is a placenta, attached by the silver cord.

Ecclesiastes 12:
6 Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed,[a]
Or the golden bowl is broken,
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain,
Or the wheel broken at the well.
7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

The body is essentially a bio-mechanical vehicle to sense the material world. Your next vessel for sensing the kingdom of God will most likely be much more advanced than the one you currently move around in. The Bible says that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. This is true. We cannot leave our womb without taking the earth with us into space (Heaven).

In John 3, you can read that we are born again into the water if we do not find the spirit. We are blown by the wind somewhere different each time our soul travels to earth. When we are born again of water and of spirit (Finding Atonement or At-One-Ment), we escape this realm for the next. We are first baptized into the water. The point is finding salvation--Love of God and love for even your enemy. This is the main test of the learning process.

The Bible is the key to understanding. Search wherever you like, you will return again to the message of the Bible. All roads lead from and then back to the Bible. It is the guidebook for this realm.

Look at it this way: An oak tree is folded up in the acorn. The essence in the acorn that unfolds into the tree is information. This information can be saved or lost. A dead acorn rots back to the soil. A live acorn expresses itself in the form of the tree. The information can be retained and copied. Our soul is folded into the seed that we came from.

Nothing about God, salvation, being born again, or the process of saving and being lost should be foreign to our day and age. We are the expression of this creativity. All of creation copies and repeats. You are a divine being riding along in the ultimate vehicle of 50 trillion cells. You body is a universe that you command. Choices..

How do we explain physics? Time, Space, Matter and Energy. In the beginning (TIME), God created the heavens (Space) and the Earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy). John 1 says that, "In the Beginning was the WORD..." This word (wave) created reality from the four parts of creation above. All particles (light) have an associated wave (Word or streaming information). This is what projects reality to the observer. The observer collapses the indeterminate wave of probability from the ALL that is God. God is the infinity of possibility at rest. We are in movement as we draw from the infinity.

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
I've explored the notion of a soul, the afterlife, ego and the presence/absence and like studying why we exist, how we got here, what was before the supposed big bang, is there even an afterlife, why we endure Earth...etc

This made me wonder about a few things, particularly why are we here? Since were in the philosophy and metaphysics forum I feel the subject of assuming a perfect afterlife not too farfetched. Thus, let's assume that we incarnate in bodies for experience. I've seen that notion brought up many times by people who have had NDE's or AP's...etc.
Thus, we're here on Earth. We keep gaining experience, for what reason I have no idea. Some will argue it's to graduate to the 4th density. Others will say we come here to bring positivity to this negative world. Others say it's experience because the other side is a perfect place where you can't experience negativity. The latter seems to be the most prominent and aligns with my thoughts. Thus for the sake of this argument I'm going to further define that we're assuming life on this Earth to be a controlled fashion where we choose to experience what we want.

What reason is there ever to come down here?

Sure, we make friends, share the love...etc; but it all comes at a price. None of us come down here to be born into a king's family and experience luxury 24/7 and die of old age. Instead we come down here to get our hearts broken, endure misery, die slowly and painfully while being stung with mental and emotional stress beyond belief. Why? Why so much pain? Why not have a world with more positivity so this kind of stuff is endured.

One question that blows my mind if my assumptions are true is why people come down here to be enslaved for 50 years, and then die. Why do people come down here to be hacked up slowly into pieces (try pricking your finger with a knife and then imagining what I described [yes, hyperbole somewhat
]). From a logical standpoint I just don't understand.
We come here to experience misery because there is none on the other side?
Why did we come here then?

Do we naturally at a higher level enjoy pain?
Why would I come down here to make more good if I can just have an infinite amount on the 'other side', especially when the sole reason people come down here is to experience negativity then? Am I hindering them by being nice?
edit on 5/22/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: Title wrong

edit on 22-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

One question that blows my mind if my assumptions are true is why people come down here to be enslaved for 50 years, and then die. Why do people come down here to be hacked up slowly into pieces (try pricking your finger with a knife and then imagining what I described [yes, hyperbole somewhat ]).

And yet, who among us would cheerfully and willingly give up everything we hold dear in this life for the promise of never returning to this world?

We may think intellectually that this sounds like a good deal, yet when it comes to practice, it is not so easy to let go of all our attachments. In fact, it is the very presence of pain and suffering in our lives which highlights the depth of our attachments. We can't bear to be separated from those people and things which we cherish the most, so we keep coming back to be with them again, over and over.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Your question comes with only one possible answer in my book, and that this planet is a slave labor planet in which the recipients have a short enough life span, only to be able to think about work, and as a hobbie have a family. Think about this for a moment, does anyone that you know have time to seriously contiplate your question op
No, they do not, the only viable thing is creating lil worker bees, feed them, then as your turn comes around, that nice shiny white light hits you and blam you either have the choice to sit on the back side of a cold dark motionless space, or be repackaged and do this short game all over again

my advice, is to jump before you see the light, which less than one hundreth of one percent understand this concept

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

I wonder this for about half a second and then I remember something so lovely about earth and the creatures here I am glad again I choose to come even with the misery death tragedy and heartbreak this is a spectacular and wonderful planet. Life and love and watching children play without a care in the world make it all worthwhile.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join